Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was talkin to a fella....

Options
  • 14-04-2009 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

..the other day we had a conversation about members of the travelling community and what they gets up to.
    Now im not tryin to put anyone down here,so please bear with me mods.

anyway the conversation swung around to our Gardai siokulanai.
    We ended up saying that they were in fact just as bad as the travellers or if not worse.
    we both knew people in the forces who were into selling stolen cars ,letting people off with drink driving on more than one occasion.their sons selling drugs.

just wondering from everybody else what have you come across,and where the fcuk is the gardai ombudsman.
    this country is going downhill so fast and we all sit back and do SFA.

Tell us about your experiences with them.:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Garda what?

Also if you know dodgey members of the Garda why haven't you reported it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

You arent paranoid if they are out to get you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

You know gardaí that sell stolen cars and have kids selling drugs???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Yay in before the lock!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Garda what?

Also if you know dodgey members of the Garda why haven't you reported it?

one in my area is being done at the moment for dodgy car sales .

Slidey You arent paranoid if they are out to get you...

no way

• Advertisement

Steyr wrote: »
    Yay in before the lock!:pac:

LOL
    id say we might get one page in!!!

You know gardaí that sell stolen cars and have kids selling drugs???

yeah theres no saints out there we pay taxes and all for the gardai watchdog and its just a waste of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GardaMurphy

Move along now lads, nothin' to see here. Move along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

There most likely are crooked gardai out there but you get that in every job.There are people who will abuse their power in all professions.I used to hate the gardai, i like most of them now.that being said i agree with you about the "travelling community".alot of them are complete scum.I got beaten up one night in town for looking at one of them funny.Absolute pr..ks!!
    the reason im saying this about them and not the gardai is because i have never met one traveller that i like!I have met alot so i dont think its an unfair judgement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

No I have never come across a Guard selling a dodgy car or even heard of it. As for their sons selling drugs, it's possible it happens but I'm guessing that is the childs decision & not one he/ she has shared with the parent Guard.
    So no I don't think Guards are like knackers.
    Way too many people have less & less respect for guards even though they deal with the scum of society to try & make life safer for the rest of us. There will always be a rotting apple in a barrell of good ones but you don't get rid of the entire barrell, just the bad one.
    I think it's disgusting the way people run Guards into the ground thinking that all they do is eat takeaway, avoid rows & tolerate drug dealers.
    Go do a Guards job for a month & come back & tell us how it's done so.

Before anyone asks no I'm not a Guard & no I'm not married/ in a realtionship or related to one. I just have genuine respect for those in the force who go about their jobs regardless of danger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I heard the Gardai plan to reverse the polarities in the Large Hadron Collider 2012 and kill us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

TURRICAN wrote: »
    ..the other day we had a conversation about members of the travelling community and what they gets up to.

We ended up saying that they were in fact just as bad as the travellers or if not worse.
    we both knew people in the forces who were into selling stolen cars ,letting people off with drink driving on more than one occasion.their sons selling drugs.

just wondering from everybody else what have you come across,and where the fcuk is the gardai ombudsman.

Well I was talking to another fella and he said that the above post isn't true and that it is in fact a big fib.

*gets knock on the door*:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

*gets knock on the door*:eek:
    Well there is no such thing as anonymity on the internet, so you never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

The Gardai round my way buy in monkeys off ebay, tart them up with some lipstick and the like. Then they pimp them out as cheap eastern european ladies of the night, FACT!

Those crazy Gardai...what will they do next :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

I wouldn't put this Garda in the same class as a tinker, would you?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/united-in-sorrow-1707369.html

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

For a brief moment there, I thought there was a Garda called Siokulanai.

I behave, so no experience with the Gardai I'm glad to say.
    <_<
    >_>

easyeason3 wrote: »
    No I have never come across a Guard selling a dodgy car or even heard of it. As for their sons selling drugs, it's possible it happens but I'm guessing that is the childs decision & not one he/ she has shared with the parent Guard.
    So no I don't think Guards are like knackers.
    Way too many people have less & less respect for guards even though they deal with the scum of society to try & make life safer for the rest of us. There will always be a rotting apple in a barrell of good ones but you don't get rid of the entire barrell, just the bad one.
    I think it's disgusting the way people run Guards into the ground thinking that all they do is eat takeaway, avoid rows & tolerate drug dealers.
    Go do a Guards job for a month & come back & tell us how it's done so.

Before anyone asks no I'm not a Guard & no I'm not married/ in a realtionship or related to one. I just have genuine respect for those in the force who go about their jobs regardless of danger.

i dont think so ..a fella heard on the air waves how they carry on with their duties and if you heard it would wouldnt believe it.
    i know too that they are all not bad but at the end ofthe day they are supposed to be keeping the country under control and there is nobody for them to answer to,*mentions ombudsman* who are they ?

Terry wrote: »
    Well there is no such thing as anonymity on the internet, so you never know...

have to go now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Jim
    So you're saying that the gardai in general are good people?...

...but you're doing it by saying that travellers in general aren't?.

Aside from the fact that 2 people being killed does not mean they are all saints, you do see the major problem with that post, right?.

And yes, it's horrible and tragic that they were killed. But please dont use such sentimentality tactics to make the OP seem like a prick....

...I could just as easily say "how dare you drag up the names of those 2 brave men in a thread about crooked gardai" and make you seem like a prick. See how that works?.

• Advertisement

Jim

Certainly not!!
    im not out to eh how would you say create a bad vibe towards these people but the truth needs to be shown

Careful now.

Condolence thread for that Garda here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055522310

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

As others have said why haven't you reported em? on the flip side I see why ya didn't if your that involved you'll be found.

Let them catch themselves out. the longer it goes on the more scum (not the garda specifically).

On top of all that. If you were in a position of power and someone offered you a way to double your wages. Don't say you wouldn't think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 atomicblonde

If a Gards kid is selling drugs it doesn't make them corrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

where the fcuk is the gardai ombudsman.

abbey street, just past ed's barber shop.

Certainly not!!
    im not out to eh how would you say create a bad vibe towards these people but the truth needs to be shown

Thats cool, I didn't think you were trying to create a bad vibe. Been from close to where that Garda is from it had been on my mind for the last few days, just wanted to point out the sacrifes that a Garda may have to make for our country, I just can't imagine a traveller every adding that kind of value to our society.

Thats cool, I didn't think you were trying to create a bad vibe. Been from close to where that Garda is from it had been on my mind for the last few days, just wanted to point out the sacrifes that a Garda may have to make for our country, I just can't imagine a traveller every adding that kind of value to our society.
    Worked with a traveller once.
    Hardest working guy in the company. Was there for about 15 hours every day and worked his bollix off.

I love stereotypes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

i dont think so ..a fella heard on the air waves how they carry on with their duties and if you heard it would wouldnt believe it.
    i know too that they are all not bad but at the end ofthe day they are supposed to be keeping the country under control and there is nobody for them to answer to,*mentions ombudsman* who are they ?

A fella heard on the air waves how they carry on with their duties and if you heard it would wouldn't believe it.

Really? Does the 'fella' know that it's illegal to listen to that? And do you always believe what a 'fella' tells you?

Please get a grip. There is a Garda Ombudsman & if you did a bit of research you would see that they investigate claims made against Gardai.

If you & your 'fella' friend have incriminating information against a serving Guard then by all means make a complaint, but it seems a bit too far fetched for me. A Guard selling a stolen car & another Guards son knowingly selling drugs? If it is true then report it, but I have a feeling it's hearsay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 In Touch

Terry wrote: »
    Worked with a traveller once.
    Hardest working guy in the company. Was there for about 15 hours every day and worked his bollix off.

I love stereotypes.

Same mate. turned out he was just getting ready to rob the building :(

• Advertisement

So you're saying that the gardai in general are good people?...

...but you're doing it by saying that travellers in general aren't?.

Aside from the fact that 2 people being killed does not mean they are all saints, you do see the major problem with that post, right?.

And yes, it's horrible and tragic that they were killed. But please dont use such sentimentality tactics to make the OP seem like a prick....

...I could just as easily say "how dare you drag up the names of those 2 brave men in a thread about crooked gardai" and make you seem like a prick. See how that works?.

I am saying that a brave Garda (not the first) lost his life in service to his country. I have never ever, ever heard of a traveller make a similar sacrifice for this country. Thats why I will not equate them as the same class of person.

I am not dragging anyone's names anywhere.

This quite an emotive Issue for a lot of people me included.

Advertisement