Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rule Explaination

Options
  • 06-12-2005 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

What does this rule mean:
    DON'T Discuss methods of accessing pay-TV systems, the content of which is not meant to be viewed in the Republic of Ireland or the United Kingdom

What does "meant" mean. Just because we are not meant to watch something does not mean it is illegial. In fact, preventing us from watching it is in contravention of EU directives on Television without Frontiers:
    The Directive establishes the principle that Member States shall ensure freedom of reception and shall not restrict retransmission on their territory of television programmes from other Member States. They may, however, suspend retransmission of television programmes that infringe the provisions of the Directive on the protection of minors.

There was a post closed because someone wanted an ART card. I assume to watch football. What is the problem with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I think this was originally targetted at discusions of pirate cards etc but I dont know why a question on legitimate ART cards would cause a problem.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement