Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone connection broken

Options
  • 05-12-2005 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

We had Sky+ installed in the summer and the installer connected the phone line up with an adaptor that plugs straight into the wall and provides 2 free jacks for plugging other equipment. i.e. the line from the Sky box is always connected, and our phone needs to plugged into one of the free jacks on the back of the adaptor.

Anyway, last week the phone stopped working, but was it was OK when plugged into an extension socket in another room, so I unplugged the adaptor fitted by the Sky installer and our phone works fine when plugged staight into the Eircom wall socket!

I've never used the Sky dialup features, and don't intend to, so I've left the Sky+ box disconnected from the phone line so that we can use our phone. Am I likely to get in trouble with Sky for leaving the box like this?

As far as I'm concerned, this is a fault of the installed equipment and I can't be bothered fixing it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

you should be ok

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I got Sky Digitial 4 or 5 years ago. Had my phoneline connected for about a week, but it badly affected the reception on the phone so I disconnected the Sky Box from the phoneline, and only reconncted it temporarily on the few occassions I ordered something from Sky Box Office. I never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

on the question of phone lines, do i have to have my extra digibox connected to the telephone line for the full duration of the subscription?
    I know theres something about its only for a year, but i think because of the multiroom i have to have it connected constantly.
    I just keep getting letters from themm every 6 months about it.
    Havnt been cut off yet.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

With Sky Multiroom, every box is supposed to be permenently connected to phoneline for the duration of the Multiroom subscription.

Advertisement