Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Suggestions

Options
  • 04-11-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,

I have had a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Smartphone for the last few months, having migrated from an old school Nokia 6300 ( I think).

Anyway, screen broke on Samsung recently and had to go back to using Nokia for a few weeks. Realised I much prefer the older phone as I find texting a pain on the Smartphone. Text a lot and find it takes up too much time to punch out texts. The battery life also bothers me.

So, does the below exist?

Nokia with

- old style keypad
    - Wifi , so that I can use whatsapp ( friends around the world on whatsapp group, only thing I need wifi for, can use laptop otherwise)
    - solid battery life

The Nokia C4 series seem to fit the bill, has anyone used these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

What you need is an E5, the phone is three years old but has WiFi, WhatsApp capability, easily three days battery life, QWERTY keyboard for the blast-heavy texter, and the spacebar doubles as a torch. A TORCH. :D

They're usually around town for about €100 so it pays to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭fighterman

Brilliant, thanks.

That's a Nokia E5 yes? Would Carphone Warehouse etc. stock them?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

fighterman wrote: »
    Brilliant, thanks.

That's a Nokia E5 yes? Would Carphone Warehouse etc. stock them?
    Not sure if they would anymore. Youd pick them up online handy enough though.
    Nokia E5-00

Advertisement