Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allergy Testing

Options
  • 24-12-2016 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

My sister recently got it done and is allergic to grass, birch wood, milk etc !! I'm highly allergic to cats and dogs anyway. Have grass and pollen allergy too.It cost her 300 quid ! Anyone know anywhere a bit cheaper or is this the norm ? My Scottish mates get it all for free :(

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Your GP can do it in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Riven_Sky

As Rob says, your GP should probably be able to do them. Mine were done as an outpatient in my local hospital but my GP uses the same phlebotomy service and laboratory so would have access to the same tests.

Sometimes the lab requires you to test the IgE level first (an antibody produced if you suffer from allergies) and only if that is raised will they then test for individual allergens like pollen etc.

Advertisement