Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Believe his Actions or his Words??

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Yes if his feeling were strong enough he would have given it a go. Onwards and upwards op

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Hi OP,

Bottom line is if this guy wanted to be with you he would. That's his decision. It doesn't make him a prick or emotionally unavailable as some posts seem to suggest. Perhaps he just saw more and more parts of the relationship that he wasn't happy with or knew he wouldn't be in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

But at the end of the day, I guess if his feelings were strong enough then he would have given it a go. So I need to try to forget him. Thanks again.

Definitely follow this advice OP. I had a guy who used the same excuse (in my case pressure of a PhD) as an out of a relationship. Lo and behold he was in another serious relationship within a few weeks and by doing a PhD myself (and holding onto my relationship while doing it) I realised that it was his way of letting me down without having to be the bad guy and say the words "I'm just not that into you anymore." I remember how hard it is to reconcile words with actions but don't overthink it. If you haven't cut contact do so now and move on- its his loss and trust me there's many other guys out there who's actions match their words.

Advertisement