Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

Grats wrote: »
    I've always admired Kerry football and have been at many of their matches over the years - in fact many football matches in addition to Kerry ones. My admiration has gone up even more following their success this year and particularly after their win against Donegal. As in the post above, they adapted to the Donegal way in under three weeks and beat Donegal at their own game. Had Kerry tried to play to their normal plan they'd have been defeated.

As a Kilkenny man I can fully relate to what Kerry have to endure. When we were skinning teams and running up huge scores we were accused of all kinds of things such as been defensive. At the end if the day much of our success was down to sheer work rate and a lot of skill. While the whinging and accusations has eased somewhat(mainly due to our "decline"), many in the media and from competing counties still cannot grasp the simplicity of success. They would rather bandy all kinds of rubbish about than to face the truth.

Kerry get on with their business in a quiet professional manner without being boastful, just like Kilkenny. Titles don't come easy. Ye deserve your success. Enjoy the moment and ignore the begrudgers.

Up the K's!
    Great post and i really hope henry the great wins his 10th medal on saturday. What a legend and I most certainly wont begrudge him it whatever way the cats do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

how can we find out player possessions in last sundays final?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Tomas on Marc...hopefully this means theres another year in him.

He'll probably leave his options open until the spring, if anybody can extend their inter county career beyond the norm it's him, he's never had any serious injuries that I can remember and keeps himself very fit. He will be 35 when the championship comes around in 2015.

If fitzmaurice could convince him to stay on, even in a squad role it would be a real coup. I can't think of a better player to come off the bench to steady the ship when we are in trouble like he did in the second mayo game. We are not exactly blessed with too many experienced backs, especially now that o Mahoney seems certain to retire. I wish him well in any case whatever he decides, what a player he has been for us over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

how can we find out player possessions in last sundays final?

JOD had 27
    Mahoney had 26
    Buckley and Maher had 25
    Moran had 24

From memory of the terrace talk podcast. Sylvester Hennessy will have them if you tweet him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Paul Galvin assaulted by a spectator with a hurley at today's Hurling Final between Kilmoyley and Lixnaw.

Himself and Tom Murnane clashed as they line up for the second half, and Tom went down. Spectator came in swinging a hurley and caught Galvin across the head. Luckily he was wearing a helmet.

(This is 2nd hand info btw, from a friend who was at it.)

Its in the Independent as well.

Not great for the reputation of hurling in the county.

• Advertisement

Going to be a big story in tomorrows papers now.

What a complete idiot, but how on earth did he get into the pitch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Paul Galvin assaulted by a spectator with a hurley at today's Hurling Final between Kilmoyley and Lixnaw.

Himself and Tom Murnane clashed as they line up for the second half, and Tom went down. Spectator came in swinging a hurley and caught Galvin across the head. Luckily he was wearing a helmet.

(This is 2nd hand info btw, from a friend who was at it.)

Its in the Independent as well.

Not great for the reputation of hurling in the county.

Pic here balls.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

Which one is Galvin in the pic. Sorry im not a hurling man, i thought both clubs were green in colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Lixnaw are in blue, Kilmoyley are white, but Galvin doesn't seem to be visable in that pic.

He was number 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

No arrests made which is insane. If you attacked someone on the street with a hurl you'd be arrested on the spot and stand a good chance of going to jail for it, shouldn't be any different if a spectator attacks a player.

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Lixnaw are in blue, Kilmoyley are white, but Galvin doesn't seem to be visable in that pic.

He was number 12.

Black helmet, closest to ref.

for any of you that may be interested, Kerry are beating Leitrim in the New York senior final, 1-6 to 5 points at HT

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Kerryfootball

This a complete disgrace.

This thug deserves to be infront of the courts for this.

Kerry win out 3-15 to Leitrims 1-10
    Kerry had John Curran (dromid) Gary Driscoll (skellig Rangers) Mike Jim Fitz(lispole I think?) Anthony Sweeney, Kieran O Connor and Ger O sullivan from Kerry.
    Leitrim had a couple of kerrymen too, Ronan O Flaherty, Nathan Breen and Paddy Kelly

This a complete disgrace.

This thug deserves to be infront of the courts for this.

Will it be brushed under the carpet like the Mayo fool that ran out in Limerick? I know he didnt strike anyone before its pointed out, he just didnt get the time to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Kerryfootball

wonga77 wrote: »
    Will it be brushed under the carpet like the Mayo fool that ran out in Limerick? I know he didnt strike anyone before its pointed out, he just didnt get the time to do it

100% agree, Makes the GAA look awful that this type of thing go's unpunished

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was at the game today,whatever happened with Paul Galvin and the player he was marking,the ref was sorting that out,until the vice chairman of the Kilmoyley club had a severe rush of blood to the head and struck Galvin.

Now Paul is no angel he plays sport on the edge,but he didnt deserve to be assaulted by a memeber of the opponents club commitee,if that happened tomorrow morning on the street,the man would be put behind bars,simple as that,

Alot of great work is done in our county trying to keep the game alive and then you see this happening it would put any young fella off playing the game

One thing has to be done,a lengthy ban to be handed out and for this man never again to be allowed hold a position in his club

if you encroach onto a pitch in the UK, you are likely to be prosecuted and i remember seeing a sign at one ground that theres a £1000 fine for even going on to the pitch, let alone going to attack somebody.

this nonsense that we see every year in the GAA about non players getting involved in incidents, has to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Going to be a big story in tomorrows papers now.

What a complete idiot, but how on earth did he get into the pitch?
    He was a mentor and club officer, if what i heard is true.

5live wrote: »
    He was a mentor and club officer, if what i heard is true.

hope he gets a life ban from the club, its the only way to go. a court case and a conviction should follow and make an example of him at national level.

GAA needs to stamp its authority here and stamp out this kinda rubbish, lets be honest its not the first time and its wont be the last that some thick ignorent muchsavage throws his wait around at a game he is not even involved in.

am sure if needed, legislation can be brought in to make it illegal to enter the field of play, without being a registered member of the playing group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Saturday 4th October - Austin Stack Park

Shannon Rangers V South Kerry
    Dingle V Legion

Sun 5th October - Fitzgerald Stadium

Mid Kerry V Laune Rangers
    Stacks V West Kerry

County Championship hots up this weekend.

On Saturday would have to fancy South Kerry to progress,Have a feeling Legion could sneak past Dingle but it will be fierce close.

Sunday will be a huge day,MASSIVE derby game between Mid-Kerry & Rangers and the meeting on Stacks & West Kerry.

Gonna go with Mid-Kerry & Stacks to progress

Intermediate Semi Finals should be interesting,I think both of them are on next weekend as well.

Spa V Glenflesk

Castleisland Desmonds V Ardfert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Intermediate Semi Finals should be interesting,I think both of them are on next weekend as well.

Spa V Glenflesk

Castleisland Desmonds V Ardfert

Spa had a huge win over Legion the weekend but i hear Glenflesk are flying at the moment - gonna stick with the favorites Spa

Desmonds & Ardfert should be a right battle - Think Castleisland will shade it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Spa had a huge win over Legion the weekend but i hear Glenflesk are flying at the moment - gonna stick with the favorites Spa

Desmonds & Ardfert should be a right battle - Think Castleisland will shade it
    I think Spa will win the county tbh - I'm saying that as a biased supporter but they have a very good, young team. Two of the minor team in Kearney & Dan O'Donoghue, Garnett & Shane Lynch from the Juniors, then you've former minors in Mike Finnegan, Cian Tobin, Stam etc.

I think they'll beat Glenflesk and a tight final with Castleisland which I'd expect them to shade. Desmonds beat them in the league at home, I'd expect Spa to get the better of them second time around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

D'Agger wrote: »
    I think Spa will win the county tbh - I'm saying that as a biased supporter but they have a very good, young team. Two of the minor team in Kearney & Dan O'Donoghue, Garnett & Shane Lynch from the Juniors, then you've former minors in Mike Finnegan, Cian Tobin, Stam etc.

I think they'll beat Glenflesk and a tight final with Castleisland which I'd expect them to shade. Desmonds beat them in the league at home, I'd expect Spa to get the better of them second time around

Having seen both teams this year I'd have to say the Island looked far better Dagg..but of course, finals are finals (if they get there) and you never know. Spa certainly still producing fine young players which is no mean feat considering the battle for young hearts and minds in Killarney!

In the Senior 1/4 finals, even with my own bias it's hard to see past South Kerry, while Legion (if they maintain previous form AND JOD has stayed off the beer for the last few days!) I think will progress also.
    Mid-Kerry should get over their towny rivals.
    Hard to call the other game..Stacks possibly to shade it, but West Kerry have quality in the side and could just click on a given day.

Jesus Stacks winning the Championship would nearly spoil the whole year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

keane2097 wrote: »
    Jesus Stacks winning the Championship would nearly spoil the whole year.

I think if Mid Kerry and South Kerry keep themselves in good shape they are better placed to win it..so you're bitter Narrie head shouldn't be too wrecked. :pac:

Ye'd better get ye're own house in order next year! Any word on the big fella's return/no return?

Any date fixed for the relagation play offs in the championship?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Any date fixed for the relagation play offs in the championship?

Yes, as soon as Tommy Walsh flies home:D

• Advertisement

Anyone hear any more about Donie Buckley's mooted role with the U21s - is that totally out the window now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement