Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who was the minutes silence for at the Under 21 match between Cork and Clare on TG4?

• 30-07-2014 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I couldnt hear well and my Irish isnt great..Does anyone know who the minute silence was for at the start of the U-21 match between Cork and Claire on TG4 on the 30th July?thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

Fr. Tim Touhy, formerly of Feakle, Hurled with Flannans and Clare. Great club man in the parishes he was in according to the announcer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Possibly the most culchie thread EVER on boards!:D

It could only be more culchie if the it was asked if the turf was home and was the hay saved..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I wish the GAA would stop these minutes silence.

This is one of the way's that the GAA shows it's connection to the local parish. Nothing wrong with that in my view there nothing wrong with it. The respect for those that have worked for the association is shown in this mark of respect. If it becomes too common then it loses value.

The other alternative is the round of applause used in England.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Figerty wrote: »
    This is one of the way's that the GAA shows it's connection to the local parish. Nothing wrong with that in my view there nothing wrong with it. The respect for those that have worked for the association is shown in this mark of respect. If it becomes too common then it loses value.

The other alternative is the round of applause used in England.

That's the thing though, is it going overboard? There seems to be one at every game now, I don't recall them being so frequent before recent years.

I don't mind them really, my biggest problem is that I spend them dreading the inevitable breaking of the silence with the shout of "COME ON <insert county here>", more often than not a minutes silence ends with frustration at inebriated chaps who are incapable of shutting up for a minute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

can we have a minutes silence for the minutes silence please

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

That's the thing though, is it going overboard? There seems to be one at every game now, I don't recall them being so frequent before recent years.

I don't mind them really, my biggest problem is that I spend them dreading the inevitable breaking of the silence with the shout of "COME ON <insert county here>", more often than not a minutes silence ends with frustration at inebriated chaps who are incapable of shutting up for a minute!

They are becoming too frequent. Who decides which dead person deserves a minutes silence or does not deserve one?

Advertisement