Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Mini Combo favourites bouquest

• 30-04-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

Is it possible to import the favourites bouquets from another users Amiko STB and if it is could someone do me the great service of uploading their Astra 28.2 UK/Ireland favourites as I spent most of last night trying to organise my channels and it nearly broke me, not to mention the grief that I was getting from the missus for hogging her tv.

Any assistance with this would be really appreciated and get me out of the doghouse

Thanks
    TheCeltictiger

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

I have an AA2 so disregard if the mini doesn't work along the same principles.............

But i think you are going about this the wrong way. Your stb should be given a reserved IP address on your home network. Then using dreambox edit you download a complete xml list of every station known to mankind. Cutting through the chaff you then search for all of the stuff you want off 28.2 and Ireland/rtenl eg: the itvs, bbcs, tv3 rte 1hd etc that you want and add them to your favourites tv folder. Everyone will have their own preference for how they want the channels laid out. Some want the +1s with the main channel and some don't etc. Then save the file to your hdd in your pc/laptop and then ftp it back to the stb. This ensures that when the stb has a meltdown and loses it bouquets that its only a 30sec job sending back down via ftp your channel lists from your pc/laptop. Its well worth putting in the effort and once you get the hang of it is really quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭TheCeltictiger

Thanks for your feedback but the problem that I have is that I exclusively use Mac. I presume the Dreambox tool you refer to is PC only.Best case would be to get someone else's favourites and ftp to the STB and tweak it to my preferences via the remote at least that way I would not have to start from scratch

Also not even sure if is possible to FTP to Amiko Mini Combo STB as it is not Linux based OS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Thanks for your feedback but the problem that I have is that I exclusively use Mac. I presume the Dreambox tool you refer to is PC only.Best case would be to get someone else's favourites and ftp to the STB and tweak it to my preferences via the remote at least that way I would not have to start from scratch

Also not even sure if is possible to FTP to Amiko Mini Combo STB as it is not Linux based OS

Its not.

Its not a linux box, its a closed source box (ali 3606).

You would need someone with the same model box to do a channel dump so that you could flash it to yours.

Use an ali editor (Amiko Ali 3606-3612 Channel Editor).

Thanks for the confirmation STB

So my opening request remains, anyone here willing to share to Dumpfile for me to load to me STB

Hi All,

I have also been advised that a dumpfile from the Micro HD / SHD-8140 HD models will also suffice and will be compatible with a Amiko Mini Combo to, so I would really appreciate if someone could share there set up as it will save me an awful lot of time and hassle

Thanks,
    TheCeltictiger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 toogood

I'm looking for the same, did you get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 2009egan

why not load enigma2, it's much better than spark and there are plugins to download freesat listings as and when you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tommynsr150

You cant load enigma 2 on this box and its not spark, its closed source as has been said, spark is juts for the aliens, i have a list made up for amiko 8140 so if it works i can send it to people who need it only thing is you will have to delete the hd channels from it as they dont work for me anymore ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Looking for this too.....

@tommynsr150: Did you get your list to work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I have 99CH sorted on this box I will get the file this evening and post it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I forgot about this, here is the link to my backup

http://goo.gl/Bn3ZyJ

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bpd_566

hey i would anyone have an upto date channel list for the amiko shd8140 that they could upload thx

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rekcaks

I forgot about this, here is the link to my backup

http://goo.gl/Bn3ZyJ

Old thread i know but ive accidentally deleted my favorite list on my Amiko mini combo. Can i upload a new list rather than manually sorting them?

Advertisement