Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone call about dangerous driving

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

TBH if all he is pissed off at is getting the finger he needs to get over himself.

If you genuinely did nothing wrong and he is just pissed off by you overtaking then there isn't anything to answer for really.

It could be that he thought you were speeding/driving dangerously because he didn't notice you or see you coming. Again that's his problem.

On the other hand you could have been driving like a lunatic and he is right and the roads would be better off without you, we have no way of knowing as we can only go on what you posted!

If it was me, I think I'd try have a chat with a solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

elsparko wrote: »
    was driving the missus car last week and overtook someone who lost the plot with me. beating their horn and tailgating me. when i got to a set of lights the pulled up next to me holding the horn down so, stupidly, i gave them the finger.... turns out this morning herself gets a call from the station in the city from a garda in relation to the incident asking if she was driving etc as it was him in the car...

How could he think she was driving? Did he not see you giving him the finger?
    .. yes i was in the wrong and will not be contesting it but i just have this strange feeling that something is amiss here... anyone have any advice?

Why do you say you were in the wrong? It's not illegal to give somebody the finger, and you say your overtaking was safe.

I'd say ignore him completely. You're not required to present yourself at a cop station to be scolded by this guy. If he comes after you then file a complaint with the station - tailgating and beeping the horn is threatening behavior.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

was driving the missus car last week and overtook someone who lost the plot with me. beating their horn and tailgating me. when i got to a set of lights the pulled up next to me holding the horn down so, stupidly, i gave them the finger.... turns out this morning herself gets a call from the station in the city from a garda in relation to the incident asking if she was driving etc as it was him in the car..... long story short, he told her he will be contacting her again tomorrow and would like to meet with the individual driving (me) to discuss the driving. something about the whole situation doesn't sit right with me now and I'm wondering if theres anything i should be careful of? yes i was in the wrong and will not be contesting it but i just have this strange feeling that something is amiss here... anyone have any advice?

As per boards rules, Legal advice is prohibited.

But for your info....
    If the Garda is alleging a road traffic offence occurred the registered owner of the vehicle is obliged to inform the Gardai who was driving the car once an appropriate demand is made.

See Section 107 Road Traffic Act.

If you feel the Garda behaved inappropriately you should contact the Garda Siochana Ombudsman Commission for advice.

Thread Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement