Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder By iThemes

Options
  • 21-10-2013 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi All.

I have a site called http://www.abbeyvideoproductions.com/ and the person thst i had to build and change it is now gone, I love to change a facebook text color link on the link bar / button bar but cant find how to do it and help would be great

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Are you talking about the test links in the footer of each page? If so, I would imagine all of the links have the same css tags so changing one would change them all.

You'd probably need to create a new tag specifically for the facebook link. How comfortable are you editing css?

You might find it easier just to remove the link and add a Facebook logo/link somewhere else on the pages.

If you're getting a professional involved to do the work for you, ask them about optimising your site. It's slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

Thanks Graham. No its the top button bar, where it says Facebook, just hoping i could turn the text " Facebook blue, not comfortable are you editing css ! i can tell you . and yes its a bit slow of late and i don't know why

Looking at the code, it does appear that each link has its own css class. The one for the facebook link is: page-item-7568. It might be possible to change the link colour within the WordPress dashboard, have you had a look around to see what customisation options are available?

The speed issue is likely a combination of small delays, here's a good place to start: http://gtmetrix.com

Thanks Graham Yea i can see the page and its dashboard but where i put the "Facebook text" there is no area to change the colour i can change the color every where but on the title bit

In that case, if you're not comfortable with css I would suggest you'll need to find someone who is.

• Advertisement

Thanks Graham

do you know any one up in the big smoke that fixs wordpress

Stick a post up on the work wanted super thread, at the top of the design forum.

If you're getting work done I'd also suggest you think about:

Optimising the performance of the site.
    Replacing pictures of text with actual real live text (useful for SEO purposes).
    Moving your site from the US to somewhere closer to your users.

Hi Graham

Thank you for your help i have posted that , and yes i have also contacted my hosting provider regarding the usa part

Joe

Advertisement