Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

external hard drive question.

Options
  • 01-02-2008 3:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Just a quick question. I am thinking about getting an external hard drive to save music on to as my laptop memory is nearly full. Would this interfere with anything on my laptop? For example, with itunes i already have files on my laptop, new files would be saved to external hard drive, would they work together ie would my new itunes files play as normal on itunes which is saved to my laptop along with my other itunes music files.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

You will be able to "Add folder" from your external hard drive into iTunes, the only problem you will have is when the external hard drive is not plugged into your PC and you run iTune's. By problem I mean you will still be able to use iTunes (and the files stored on your laptop), but the external files will not play - obviously, and (my PC setup anyway) will cause iTunes to slow down quite a bit.

"laptop memory is nearly full" :D

Advertisement