Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

pcplod wrote: »
    such a game! Did pick up a new car tho so i might play with that first lol

Might as well get the hang of it sooner rather than later!

http://youtu.be/RZOndB3NW20?t=9s

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Might as well get the hang of it sooner rather than later!

http://youtu.be/RZOndB3NW20?t=9s

:D

havnt got that far yet, did do an accidental burnout though haha

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

Does anyone know of anyone that failed the medical and is appealing?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

LadyVernal wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anyone that failed the medical and is appealing?

Hiya, I failed my medical, appealed it and passed. Are you in this stressful boat too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

221988 wrote: »
    Hiya, I failed my medical, appealed it and passed. Are you in this stressful boat too?

Why did you originally fail it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Officially in this thread now! :)

Dekkers wrote: »
    Had a stalk back through the thread too. Here we are:

Chicken82
    Clanman889
    col212
    Dekkers
    Dicor12
    JayC90
    JMcClane
    Mop a top
    pcplod
    PTR292
    rickmar
    THFC1882
    Tommy Gunn
    Willow89

I'm in here too, same as Coogie boogie, deferred until the next intake! ;)

Couldn't hold my wad long enough, rang to find out if my vetting had cleared and it has!!!!

Couldn't hold my wad long enough, rang to find out if my vetting had cleared and it has!!!!

Wooohooo!!! Hopefully by this time next week you will have had a phone call :-) congrats!!

Wooohooo!!! Hopefully by this time next week you will have had a phone call :-) congrats!!

not counting my chickens just yet but it definately has lifted my mood! Was good to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Did you actually get through to AC&V or HR? Congrats, fingers crossed for a call now

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

Congratulations! I'm sure you're over the moon :D . Can I ask you when you did your medical and did you contact vetting through the extension line? Tempted to ask too simply for the fact that I really do need to know soon in case I need to act quickly and make other arrangements if unfortunately, for some reason, I haven't passed.

Fingers crossed the next batch of calls are going out very soon and best of luck to everyone, like myself, who is waiting :)

Mop a top wrote: »
    Did you actually get through to AC&V or HR? Congrats, fingers crossed for a call now

i asked for hr, they then said they had to transfer me, didn't say where, spoke to this nice lady who said that everything had come back clear and that my vetting had passed. Was a bit apprehensive about ringing as they refused to even put me thru to hr the last time...

PT93 wrote: »
    Congratulations! I'm sure you're over the moon :D . Can I ask you when you did your medical and did you contact vetting through the extension line? Tempted to ask too simply for the fact that I really do need to know soon in case I need to act quickly and make other arrangements if unfortunately, for some reason, I haven't passed.

Fingers crossed the next batch of calls are going out very soon and best of luck to everyone, like myself, who is waiting :)

had my medical early may, used the 101 number and just asked for hr. Wouldn't do any harm trying, i think its a case of who answers the phone when its a question of will you get info or not, as the last time switchboard wouldn't even put me through.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 rickmar

I saw my name on Dekkers list so I thought I'd update my situation. I have passed all stages although I had a further request from vetting for more information a few months ago which I completed and returned. I was worried about the extra info to start but I just told the truth and provided as much paperwork as I could and after recently contacting HR through the 101 number was told it had cleared. However on probing for dates on the next call I hit a stone wall. I scored 69 in the AC and will just be keeping fingers crossed for a call. Good luck to anyone in the high 60's waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dicor12

Called 101 today myself as I couldn't wait any longer.

Passed vetting, again tried to ask a bit more detail into position on merit list but they said they couldn't provide that information.

Dicor12 wrote: »
    Called 101 today myself as I couldn't wait any longer.

Passed vetting, again tried to ask a bit more detail into position on merit list but they said they couldn't provide that information.

That's brilliant, just patiently waiting then lol! When did you send off your vetting forms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

No calls today then for next intake......gutted!

No calls today then for next intake......gutted!

was it not wednesday/thursday previously?? Don't give up hope! They could well come tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

was it not wednesday/thursday previously?? Don't give up hope! They could well come tomorrow!

Yeah it was Wednesday and Thursday for the last set and Friday/Monday one of the ones before that so fingers crossed for you all they start coming this week! :) oh and for coogie sure you're in for definite with your deferral so no being gutted lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Willow89

I think it may be a bit early this week to expect calls. Would be over 7ish weeks notice but maybe this is the norm. Though everything I've expected in this process hasn't really went to plan so in a strange way I expect to be proven wrong lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dicor12

Mop a top wrote: »
    That's brilliant, just patiently waiting then lol! When did you send off your vetting forms?

Vetting forms sent off in March, checked Experien and I was credit searched first week in April. Completed physical 2nd week in May and Medical 2nd week in June. Here's hoping there's not much longer to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Rang HR today. Vetting still outstanding. Forms completed and returned to them mid March with no further requests for info. They couldn't tell me what the hold up was. No help to me but sure at least anyone in my boat will know they aren't rowing alone :/

Who reckons today is the day?

Clanman889 wrote: »
    Rang HR today. Vetting still outstanding. Forms completed and returned to them mid March with no further requests for info. They couldn't tell me what the hold up was. No help to me but sure at least anyone in my boat will know they aren't rowing alone :/

I'm in the same boat as you. Well I havent rang HR recently so I don't know if it's still outstanding or not ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

Take it no one has got any calls today then? Hopefully it's this week, if I remember correctly it's been 5 weeks since the last calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

PT93 wrote: »
    Take it no one has got any calls today then? Hopefully it's this week, if I remember correctly it's been 5 weeks since the last calls.

We got the calls earlier remember cause of the 12th holidays...I'm thinking it might be next week for u guys

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MrIndecisive

Hi Folks

I haven't applied to the PSNI this time around but am strongly considering doing so on the next Recruitment drive.

Let me start by saying I would love nothing more than serving in the PSNI and I can only hope that should I ever be successful in doing so that I can do the position I fill justice.

I am an ROI resident and I suppose my questions would be directed at other recruits or PCs who are from the ROI. Who are either going through or have been through the change from/to NI...

I understand that some of my questions probably cannot be answered for security reasons. That is fine even a yes or no answer would help me.

1) Is there certain areas in NI where PSNI would advise you to look for accommodation?

2) would you still be able to live in the ROI as in come home on your days off etc. and just have digs in NI for when on duty? Are any of you guys in this position or know how feasible it would be?

3) drivers license and car reg changing, do you have to change from ROI to NI plates, license etc? If so any advice?

4) how have you guys adapted with the change from ROI to NI?

5) any body any advice on how to prepare for it should I be successful.

Good luck to all the current recruits and best wishes for the future.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

Regards

P..

Looks like the calls are going to be next week :( It would be great going into the weekend not having to worry about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Looks like the calls are going to be next week :( It would be great going into the weekend not having to worry about it!

But with your deferral you're definitely in AND your squad colour is going to be red, which, let's face it, is a great colour! Not as good as blue though... :P

Advertisement