Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tv channels / saorview help

• 27-07-2014 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi. Just looking for some advice.... We have a new LG smart tv. We got a satellite dish and wer able to use the built in receiver on the TV to pick up all the free UK channels. We don't have the irish channels. Do I need to get another ariel for saorview? Will I have to get a saorview box aswell? Or is there anyway of putting a receiver onto the dish / tv to pick up irish channels? Would love to avoid having a box n extra remotes and all if we could. Also the cheapest way possible!!! Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

What model TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 deedee1234

Avns1s wrote: »
    What model TV?

It's an LG smart tv model 42ln578v-ze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,655 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

deedee1234 wrote: »
    We don't have the irish channels. Do I need to get another ariel for saorview? Will I have to get a saorview box aswell? Or is there anyway of putting a receiver onto the dish / tv to pick up irish channels? Would love to avoid having a box n extra remotes and all if we could.

To get the Irish channels you'll require an aerial pointing at your nearest Saorview transmitter.

Your TV - LG 42LN578V - is on the Saorview approved list so no extra box required - http://www.saorview.ie/product/lg/

Thank u for that, I'm useless with technology!!! That's great we don't need a box! So does it have to be a separate ariel put on the roof? A friend of mine said he thought u could get an attachment that fits on dish like a mini ariel or something but I can't see anything like what he is talking about online. Does such thing exist?

You'll need an aerial. If you're close to the transmitter, you may get away with an indoor / attic aerial.

• Advertisement

Thank u so much. Where is the best place to get an ariel?

deedee1234 wrote: »
    Thank u so much. Where is the best place to get an ariel?

Maybe where you bought the tv?

Thanks for all ur help ;)

Advertisement