Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Blog & Podcast. A group effort! Contributors Needed.

Options
  • 21-05-2014 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Now I know I say Im going to do a lot of paranormal related activities and they don't happen. Like organise investigations for example. I think the problem is that doing an investigation requires a lot of time, energy, effort, money, co-ordination and dedication. Along with willingness to meet up with a load of strangers in a dark car park up the mountains, which, lets face it is not going to happen.

So Im in the process of compiling a database driven website. Im just putting the content management system together at the moment, will probably take a few days.

I was wondering would anyone be interested in contributing small articles to it to promote themselves a bit? Perhaps some sort of podcast.

This isn't a group led thing and unlike most things in the paranormal community, Im not after a cult of personality style thing aka "Chief Expert Paranormal Leader Riamfada" and the like. Just a website where people can contribute to it where everyone is equal.

I think, and maccored might agree with me here, the furore of every tom dick and harry being a "paranormal investigation team" is over. Most of the Facebook pages are stagnant, the web domains have expired and the dreams of being the next TV phenomenon have been dashed.

So what says it? Ill put the frame of the site together but would people be interested in contributing?

Thanks For Reading
    R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I'll contribute anything I can. Plus theres a web radio station still looking for interested paranormal people for a show ... you could also broadcast the podcast on that (plus it comes with full itunes podcasting etc.)

do you have hosting? I can provide that for free if you need it.

Riamfada wrote: »
    the dreams of being the next TV phenomenon have been dashed.

Its all history & mystery these days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

would be interested in showcasing a few of the more interesting parabnormal things I've spotted in the last few years alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Getting there. Thanks guys, got it all covered with hosting. Just developing a front end now that pulls articles from a database. Next thing is to develop a basic backend where people can upload content and it goes into the database queue.

• Advertisement

just use wordpress and the upload plugin - no point reinventing the wheel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Sounds like a brill idea. I'll keep my eye on what you're doing and if I can assist in any way I will.

Okay I havnt forgotten. Its'a comin'

Haunted.ie

Just out of interest are the many active groups left. Loads of Facebook pages and outdated websites. PRAOIF? IPIC? Leinster? Bumpz? ECPI? ect ect. Are these guys still around?

leinster paranormal are still there. 10 years this autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I'd love to contribute!

Have a few stories I'd love to share!

Also have a friends photo from a wedding where you can clearly see several orbs that look like faces in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Only spotted this now, I'd be happy to help, let us know what I can do to help. Articles, front end work, backend work etc. If your looking for a custom player for maccored's radio station let me know aswell ;)

Hey is anyone interested in writing a 1000 word piece about any aspect of the paranormal? Please PM me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Riamfada wrote: »
    Hey is anyone interested in writing a 1000 word piece about any aspect of the paranormal? Please PM me?

Not making any promises right now but when I get home I'll see what I can do.

I've a story I'd like to write about but I wanna type it first and see how many words it is.

I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

i love to get involved here in some shape or form

Advertisement