Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VCDS Vag Com & Manufacturers Warranty

• 19-06-2014 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭

This has probably been asked before but I couldn't find it. If I use VCDS to code new parts in a Skoda does this void the manufacturers warranty in any way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

bromley52 wrote: »
    This has probably been asked before but I couldn't find it. If I use VCDS to code new parts in a Skoda does this void the manufacturers warranty in any way?
    if the part your replacing is covered under warranty why would you be replacing it in the first place? If you get where in coming from...
    Anyway they wouldn't be able to tell and no I'd highly doubt it could void warranty on the entire car if that's what you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Thanks for the reply. I want to add a light switch with autolights function and foot well lights for a starter. I am new to all this and i suppose yes I was asking about the entire car warranty. Iv seen it asked on Briskoda with no definite answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Thanks for the reply. I want to add a light switch with autolights function and foot well lights for a starter. I am new to all this and i suppose yes I was asking about the entire car warranty. Iv seen it asked on Briskoda with no definite answer.
    I don't have a definite answer either but I doubt it would matter but if in doubt give the warranty dept. a ring and tell them what your doing and see what they think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Just fit the new parts and if they fail don't mention they were coded with vcds, it won't make any difference either way but a dealer could be picky if they wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

if you are in danger of overloading system you might run into trouble especially if lights are added where not standard, saw some thing similar in truck but spots were involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

sandydan wrote: »
    if you are in danger of overloading system you might run into trouble especially if lights are added where not standard, saw some thing similar in truck but spots were involved

If you add something it's not standard by definition. I think you mean not genuine ? If a part was not genuine then it couldn't be coded.

The dealer will have no idea you've coded or scanned thecar,unless you change all the coding to 00000000000000000 or something daft like that.,but then nothing in your car would work :D

I personally wouldn't ring the dealer or warranty department for clarification as i know what they will tell you, they don't like VCDS as it's robbing them of 80/90 euro everytime someone scans their car at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

ok thanks for clarifying some thing for me.
    would? , a light switch with autolights function and foot well lights, fall into that definition and if car is under warranty would dealer have log of previous electrical, if you know what i mean.
    for example , i traded in avensis and purchased another avensis and wanted to swop hitch, toyota dealer told me remove hitch ,do not remove trailer light socket or wire, tie up securely under car and their auto-electrician would remove and fit to new car,and they fitted hitch as well.some thing to do with warranty and some thing else can't remember what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

EU law means that a manufacturer can't deny warranty coverage because work was done on the car outside of their dealer network. This includes diagnostics. What they will require is that genuine parts were used and the manufacturer's procedures were followed.

It gets a little murky if you're fitting parts that were not fitted to the vehicle at the factory. There may be a clause in the warranty that states that any upgrades must be carried out by the dealer or an approved agent. It'll be pretty easy for them to check too since the VIN will be matched to the factory spec on the dealer's system. Dig out the text of your warranty and see what it says on upgrades.

Advertisement