Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying old copies of Adobe Creative Suite?

Options
  • 16-10-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi all, I've just started with a new firm and they would like me to use Adobe Creative Suite for the odd bit of 'creative' work that I'll be doing. They currently use CS5.5 but adobe only sell 6 at the moment. I was wondering if people know of a way to buy old version or can recommend a reseller? Ideally someone would explain how the reselling licenses works so that I'd feel more comfortable with the process!

I'm not interested in pirating a copy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

You could look at creative cloud if its just for odd jobs it would work out 60 euro a month which given the time release between apps is still bucket-loads cheaper than buying even the full suite outright secondhand and you'll get the newest toys, you can always save to the older format.

You only need to re-activate it once every 90 days which is no biggie

When you say you started with a new firm, you mean as a Freelancer or Employee, if its the latter they should be sorting you out ? If you just need to open the occasional document and make basic changes or give direction Gimp (free) might do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭doopa

was.deevey wrote: »
    You could look at creative cloud if its just for odd jobs it would work out 60 euro a month which given the time release between apps is still bucket-loads cheaper than buying even the full suite outright secondhand and you'll get the newest toys, you can always save to the older format.

You only need to re-activate it once every 90 days which is no biggie

When you say you started with a new firm, you mean as a Freelancer or Employee, if its the latter they should be sorting you out ? If you just need to open the occasional document and make basic changes or give direction Gimp (free) might do the trick.

Thanks for the reply. Apparently you can downgrade from cs6 if you need to. So it looks like buying 6 on the monthly plan is the way to go.

I'm a fan of open source stuff like gimp. But work want CS. Their choice.

Advertisement