Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website query page

Options
  • 17-10-2013 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hello All

I haven't touched making websites etc. in a long time - about 10 years...
    (for curiousty I found some sites I played with when I was a young lad at http://www.iol.ie/~yoyoyo/ )

Anyway I'm now putting together a real simple site and have a domain with namecheap and hosting with them through web-hosting.com.

There's a nice cpanel interface with all fancy bells and whistles.

I'm looking to do a few small things

1. I want a query page where I can define options & comment boxes and users can send requests/queries to me. I can set up an email account to accept these but I was thinking there probably is a much smarter way to do it than with an old javascript.

2. I'm considering a blog type page where users can comment on the blogs.

Any direction on where I should look for very simple ways to implement any of these would be great.

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Sounds like your looking for WordPress, although it's moved on significantly from it blogging roots it's still one of the best blogging platforms out there.

Supports comments and you can throw in contact forms etc.

Advertisement