Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new charger is making my cursor jumpy

• 17-08-2012 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

my charger went tits up yesterday so i got a charger from this guy on donedeal http://bit.ly/Nu2PGv

so i powered up the laptop all good but except the cursor is all over the place and when i plug out the charger all is good again :confused:

is the charger at fault i will not try restarting and see from there

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Faulty charger,only guessing here but probably has a manufacturer defect within the power brick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

would you suggest i look into getting a new charger. If the problem does not exist if it is removed, then that means the charger is at fault. :D

Defo get a new charger, what laptop is it ?

HP compaq nc 6400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Could be the on board psu either, can you check the voltage levels on the charger?

• Advertisement

http://www.amazon.co.uk/COMPAQ-NC2400-NC6400-ADAPTER-ADAP/dp/B00198F8RC

Use parcel motel for the free delivery

https://www.parcelmotel.com/

You can use the power lead cable from the old charger if you still have it.

dont want to buy another 25 quid is alota money atm

i am now trying this
    was told buy the seller this might fix it

Battery Tip:
    Adjust your laptop battery in order to achieve optimum performance.
    Laptop battery has built-in microprocessor software, it can calculate the remaining capacity of a battery when it is charging or discharging. Battery needs to be adjusted from time to time to ensure that the screen displays the time and percentage is correct. You should implement a full charge and discharge operation at its first use, and thereafter every 2 or 3 months once the operation as follows,
    1. First of the "Power" option setting: Right-click on a blank screen, then select "Properties" → "Screen Saver" → "Power" → "Power Schemes" → "Portable / Laptop". Then, select "Never" for all the options of the “Battery Schemes", and for the "Warning" options, don't choose "Low Batter alarm" or "serious shortage of battery alarm".

2. Disconnect the AC adapter and use your laptop until it itself shuts down. In this situation, the battery is fully discharged.

3. Connect the AC adapter and your battery should start charging. Charge until the battery is full. Repeat this charge and discharge cycle 3-4 times and your battery pack will be conditioned to perform at full capacity. The process of charging takes at least 5 hours or more.

Note: When your battery is adjusted to achieve optimum performance, please set your computer's power options to their default values?? to ensure that your computer can send the correct warning signal. Such as: low battery alarm or alarm before sleep and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

the cursor is all over the place and when i plug out the charger all is good again
    Cheap generic charger without earth reference + Capacitive touchpad = NFG

So according to your seller i'ts a battery issue now ?

The seller only used copy/paste option from here

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Laptop-BATTERY-HP-HSTNN-IB51-HSTNN-IB52-HSTNN-XB51-/250867774084

Ask him for your money back or to replace the charger

he said he would replace it

• Advertisement

Maybe try grounding the body of the laptop just as test...

right he sent me another charger and the same ###t so im sending them back as soon as this puppy arrives

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200660751490?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

this sould do the trick you think ?

You always will have to take a risk with generic chargers to be honest .

Having said I only bought generic ones in the past and never had issues with them.

Let us know how you got on with the new puppy.

i will do :)

anyone know what the problem is ??

You try properly grounding the laptop when it's charging yet? For example finding some exposed metal part of the frame and connecting it to a pipe/earth pin?

no i have a hum when i hook up a dj mixer to it sounds like a bad earth :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

i will do :)

anyone know what the problem is ??
    Had this before. Definitely the charger. Replace it.

If you have a pair of ac powered speakers plug these in to the same surge protector as the harder and turn the volume up. You should be able to hear all the electrical noise it's putting off.

In my case the electrical contacts I the headphone jak also shocked me and the trackpad physically vibrated just enough that you could feel it buzzing

new hp charger work as normal THANK F@@K fair anoying getting 1 1/2 hours then recharge

thanks you guys

Advertisement