Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook Pro Stuck on Yosemite Update

Options
  • 24-05-2015 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have a MacBook Pro Mid-2011 and I decided to install OSX Yosemite yesterday, everything installed just fine and then it restarted it's self as normal but when it is booting up it is stuck on the white screen with the apple logo and progress at about 50%. It's been stuck like that for almost 20 hours now and I don't know how to fix it! I've heard things about putting the Mac into recovery mode, (Command R) but I didn't have a back up of any of my files with Time Machine or an external hardrive. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Never update without a backup!

Have you tried resetting the PRAM/NVRAM?
    Have you installed an SSD and used TRIM enabler?
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6606897

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CeebsB

I just turned the Mac off by holding down power button for 10 seconds then powered back on and it worked! Everything is fully updated with all my data still there! Thanks for your advice though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Good stuff, now go out and buy an external drive and set up Time Machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CeebsB

5uspect wrote: »
    Good stuff, now go out and buy an external drive and set up Time Machine.

Will do thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I had the same thing on my wife's machine. Updating a second time worked fine.

Advertisement