Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruits

• 03-04-2015 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all

I was wanting to apply to the guards in the next recruitment drive and I was wondering if anyone has any advice that could help strengthen my application.

Would love to hear from anyone who has been through it all too on experiences, procedures or anything really.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lesterburnham

The first 3 stages involve aptitude tests (verbal and numerical reasoning) so you'd have to be decent at both to have a chance of getting through to the interview stage. Apart from that, start bulking up your cv by getting work experience, start helping out in the community and possibly join the Garda reserves. If you tick all those boxes, you'd be a very strong candidate for the interview. And if the application doesn't work out for you, your cv would look a lot better for other opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 thelmascanl

Joining the Garda Reserves would be a huge step in the right direction. Also take a look at community involvement maybe joining committees or local sport teams if you haven't already. But as was mentioned previously you need to work on verbal and numerical reasoning tests firstly as no matter how strong your CV is they will never see it unless you pass these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

-snip-

Class job if you ask me, you wanna be tick as a plank to question the government.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Psychedelic Pigeon wont be returning here for a while.

Turner

Advertisement