Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wine damaged MacBook air

• 05-05-2015 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have an 11 inch mackbook air. I'm told that the logic board and screen have blown due to liquid damage, but the hard disc works. I'm also told that I can connect the macbook to a screen and keyboard to retrieve the data.

I have a mid 2009 (non thunderbolt) Macbook pro. I also have a mac bluetooth keyboard and access to a VGA screen. Is there another way to retrieve the data?

I would like to retrieve the macbook air data to the macbook pro.

Can anyone advise if this is possible and what cables do I need?

See attached damaged macbook photos?

2015-05-05 15.19.48.jpg

2015-05-05 15.19.36.jpg

2015-05-05 15.21.45.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

With the logic board gone, probably your only way around it is to take out the HD and put it into a caddy to transfer the files over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Are you sure the motherboard has blown? You cant turn it on if it is so the bluetooth keyboard and VGA screen are useless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 mocathain

whiterebel wrote: »
    With the logic board gone, probably your only way around it is to take out the HD and put it into a caddy to transfer the files over.

the hard drive in a macbook air is not you standard ssd drive so putting it into a caddy would not be an option

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

mocathain wrote: »
    the hard drive in a macbook air is not you standard ssd drive so putting it into a caddy would not be an option

Strange, considering the original 128GB from my MBA is in a USB 3 caddy?

Not so strange, the caddy was supplied by the maker of the aftermarket SSD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement