Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What year Macbook Pro/Mac do you have?

• 30-04-2015 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

I've an old Macbook Pro and Im running Mavericks 10.9.5. Ive heard from a friends that his 2011 Macbook Pro had problems because of Yosemite, and advised not to update.

Just curious does anyone here have an old Macbook that runs Yosemite? What year? Any problems?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What spec is it ? Do a fresh install if you can and if your machine is up to it.

Here's some info on system requirements for Yosemite.

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I'm running Yosemite on a 2009 white Mac book. Only upgrade is an SSD and it is running fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

My macbook pro is 2009, 2.5 core2duo 4gig and running yosemite just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

ZENER wrote: »
    What spec is it ? Do a fresh install if you can and if your machine is up to it.

Here's some info on system requirements for Yosemite.

Ken
    2.4GHz i5. 4Gb RAM.
    Thanks. Im looking into it.
    Senecio wrote: »
    I'm running Yosemite on a 2009 white Mac book. Only upgrade is an SSD and it is running fine.
    Did you put it in yourself?
    My macbook pro is 2009, 2.5 core2duo 4gig and running yosemite just fine.
    Do you have an SSD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Installed the SSD myself, straight forward replacement.

Fresh install of Snow Leopard then upgraded to Mavericks and restored files from a time machine backup. Later upgraded to Yosemite when it was released. Its still only running 2GB of RAM and hasn't missed a beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Do you have an SSD?

No. the stock 500 gig hd

Advertisement