Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians, bands, brass bands welcome to play in Peoples Park

Options
  • 27-03-2011 11:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

Hello,
    Having organised an event for a local charity in Peoples Park recently, I was interested to hear that the Limerick City Council are welcoming of music artists playing in the band stand.
    They don't want buskers though.
    The foot fall is great at lunch time when the students come over for the hour.
    They want the park filled with good people.
    I thought it was a great idea for bands who might want to do a practice session and a bit of promo work for an hour.
    Electricity is the problem for instruments that need power.
    It is a gorgeous park and deserves to be used better and more often.
    Contact the parks dept if you have a plan.
    Good luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Great idea!! hope it takes off :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

warley wrote: »
    Hello,
    Having organised an event for a local charity in Peoples Park recently, I was interested to hear that the Limerick City Council are welcoming of music artists playing in the band stand.
    They don't want buskers though.
    The foot fall is great at lunch time when the students come over for the hour.
    They want the park filled with good people.
    I thought it was a great idea for bands who might want to do a practice session and a bit of promo work for an hour.
    Electricity is the problem for instruments that need power.
    It is a gorgeous park and deserves to be used better and more often.
    Contact the parks dept if you have a plan.
    Good luck

How do LCC hope to reconcile these two seemingly contradictory statements?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 warley

Busking is not allowed in most public areas - so I imagine it is also not allowed in the park - but you can check.
    The Limerick city council would like the people in the park enjoying themselves and enjoying the park.
    The reason I put it up on boards - is that I had never assumed that this idea would be a runner.
    I think it would be great for the city.

Advertisement