Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANIMALS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

And no doubt, just like certain residents in Moyross made a point of going on local radio about the incident involving the horse/pony was not a big deal, we will probably get to hear from a few idiots saying the same about what happened to the goat.

Scum is all those children are and most likely brought up by scum parents. I see no reason as to why excuses get made for them. Just another generation of scum who will never adapt to respecting the rights of other people or that of animals.

They just take the easy way out and do what they like when they like, and bleat on about their "rights".

Same bunch of little bast*rds will probably be taking thier golf clubs or knives to a person in a few years, and the state will give them more freebies like legal aid and what not. And once they are old enough, they will have their hands out for whatever welfare they think they are "entitled" to, as the idea of getting or at least trying to get a job is just a joke to that type. I just feel sorry for the majority of decent people who live the same areas or in nearby areas to scum like those children and their families.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Kess73 wrote: »
    And no doubt, just like certain residents in Moyross made a point of going on local radio about the incident involving the horse/pony was not a big deal, we will probably get to hear from a few idiots saying the same about what happened to the goat.

Are you serious? People went on radio to say that what was done to that horse was not a big deal?

Jesus Christ.

There is a saying from my original homeplace around North Kerry that goes like this:

"What do you expect out of a crow's egg but another crow"

Seems pretty apt in this instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yep when they don't get their thrill anymore from beating/killing animals they will move up a level. Makes you wonder what kind of upbringing these little scuts have and reinforces the argument for controlled sterilization.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Janneke

Disgusting. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Scumbag kids attack a defenceless animal, its sickening.

Adults put on silly coats and get on horse back and attack defenceless animals its sport :rolleyes:

Until we have proper animal welfare legislation this kind of stuff will always go on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Horrific.

Are you serious? People went on radio to say that what was done to that horse was not a big deal?

Jesus Christ.

There is a saying from my original homeplace around North Kerry that goes like this:

"What do you expect out of a crow's egg but another crow"

Seems pretty apt in this instance.

Yep it was the bit on Live 95FM in the mornings where they play the voice messages left by people who ring in.

There were lots of people claiming that the reporting of the horse incident was just a way to put down the people of Moyross and that it was discrimination and all that rubbish.

There were also messages slagging off Animal welfare for saying how bad the animal was hurt and for saying that a person who does such a thing to an animal could do the same to a person.

The fact that Moyross was not being called anything was lost on the morons who rang in. The only people who were being criticized were those who tortured a horse and then hit it over and over with a car.

The same way those that are being criticized in Weston and Corbally are those that did torture animals and those that brought them up, not all of Weston and Corbally.

The lack of punishment through the courts for people who do these things to animals is a disgrace to be honest. Then again the same lack of punishment occurs when the scum do things to innocent people as well. Plus animal cruelty is not limited to housing estates. Plenty of incidents are caused by people in all walks of life, and some try to pass off their actions as sport or needed actions.

Unfortunately for such a small place, Limerick is coming in very high in terms of these kind of things against animals, and seems to have far more cases per year than the likes of Cork and Kerry, not that any part of Ireland is free of this barbaric stuff. Just like Gangland crime, the only place that seems to be able to beat Limerick for animal cruelty is Dublinwith it's population of over one million people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I would urge everyone to sign this petition

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/irelandanimalwelfare

Scumbag kids attack a defenceless animal, its sickening.

Adults put on silly coats and get on horse back and attack defenceless animals its sport :rolleyes:

Until we have proper animal welfare legislation this kind of stuff will always go on.

So what are you saying? That the actions of the scum towards the goat is not so bad because people hunt foxes as well?

I have no love for bloodsports and don't see any point to them, but if you cannot see the potential future threat to innocent people from groups of young scum whose idea of fun is to take a medium sized animal and torture it for hours in plain view of a housing estate, then I don't know what to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭moby2101

Appaling behaviour....

Calling these little F*ckers Animals is DISINGENUOUS to all animals...
    Animals do not behave in this fashion..

As someone already posted this certainly reinforces the argument for controled sterilization

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Kess73 wrote: »
    So what are you saying? That the actions of the scum towards the goat is not so bad because people hunt foxes as well?

I have no love for bloodsports and don't see any point to them, but if you cannot see the potential future threat to innocent people from groups of young scum whose idea of fun is to take a medium sized animal and torture it for hours in plain view of a housing estate, then I don't know what to say.

No i'm agreeing with you, and saying its exactly as sickening as hunting , im highlighting the hypocrisy in the media when its reported as a "sickening attack" (which it rightly is) and then hunting is referred to as "sport" (which it isn't its just as sickening) but legislation is in place to protect the hunts.

How as a society can we turn around and say one group of rich adults can chase and torture an animal and say its ok as its a "sport" and then when some kids copy them say its wrong and sickening. Both animals suffer horrific injuries and the only difference between the people involved are their social backgrounds and age.

Kids that torture animals grow up to be adults that torture animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

I don't think it's the first article I've read about Limerick children involved in animal cruelty this year either.

If helpless animals are treated in such a horrific manner, it's no shock that Limerick has produced some of Ireland's most dangerous people. It's a city of just 80,000 people - not exactly Los Angeles. Galway is comparable in size and not the nation's running joke.

I'd expect the offenders' parents don't care. If you ignore the Political Correctness for a moment, the Limerick Regeneration will achieve nothing. The same disruptive residents will destroy everything that is good and decent. And our taxes will have to rebuild Limerick again in 2040.

Hit bad behaviour where it hurts - Social Welfare, Benefits, Children's Allowance. I think you'll see parents teaching some discipline then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    I don't think it's the first article I've read about Limerick children involved in animal cruelty this year either.

If helpless animals are treated in such a horrific manner, it's no shock that Limerick has produced some of Ireland's most dangerous people. It's a city of just 80,000 people - not exactly Los Angeles. Galway is comparable in size and not the nation's running joke.

I'd expect the offenders' parents don't care. If you ignore the Political Correctness for a moment, the Limerick Regeneration will achieve nothing. The same disruptive residents will destroy everything that is good and decent. And our taxes will have to rebuild Limerick again in 2040.

Hit bad behaviour where it hurts - Social Welfare, Benefits, Children's Allowance. I think you'll see parents teaching some discipline then.

i couldnt agree more.if i did anything remotely like that when i was young my father would call the cops and get me locked up for a night or 2 to teach me a lesson.the parents the parents the parents the buck stops with them.and f*** the do gooders who say awwww god they cant deprive them of their social welfare payments.they are raising their kids like animals.id rather live with the goat than those little bastards.

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

Damn right, and stick the offenders who are old enough for prison into prison.

I really think that the regeneration should have just taken over one area and moved all the decent normal folk who don't have long criminal records and who just try to live regular lives out.

Then move all the scum from all the different areas into one spot and let them turn it into a ghetto and kill each other.

Taken the trouble makers and rehousing them all over the city does not civilize them. It just gives them new areas to infect and there is no coincidence in that increasing crimes rates in Dooradoyle, Raheen, Castletroy, Newport, NCW, Croagh, Murroe, Fedamore/Carnane etc have happened just after large numbers of certain types being housed in those areas.

The only rights that seem to be trodden on are the rights of the victims, be they human or animal.

No i'm agreeing with you, and saying its exactly as sickening as hunting , im highlighting the hypocrisy in the media when its reported as a "sickening attack" (which it rightly is) and then hunting is referred to as "sport" (which it isn't its just as sickening) but legislation is in place to protect the hunts.

How as a society can we turn around and say one group of rich adults can chase and torture an animal and say its ok as its a "sport" and then when some kids copy them say its wrong and sickening. Both animals suffer horrific injuries and the only difference between the people involved are their social backgrounds and age.

Kids that torture animals grow up to be adults that torture animals.

I think it is safe to say that those kids did not go after that goat because they saw a fox hunt.

Same goes for the guys who kept crashing a car into a horse.

Saying things like that just give that scum a potential excuse for their actions.

I am not condoning fox hunts and the like, but I think there is a big difference in that the people out fox hunting are not going to suddenly start attacking people in the streets, but the scum that regularly attack and torture animals for hours and even days on end have the potential to turn to doing the same to innocent people on our streets.

I think if you took those that are involved in fox hunting and put them into a cage with a fox, and handed them a gold club and told them to batter the fox to death with no dogs or horses involved, that most would back down as they would not be able to do it.

It is an appalling activity in my eyes, but it is not one that carries a larger threat to society compared to what those kids did.

But the scum with the goat showed that battering and torturing another living creature for literally hours was fun in the way that other kids would go and play with a ball for fun.

Those scum kids are the next generation of Dundons, McCarthys, Caseys or whatever gang of sociopaths you care to mention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

These little scumbags should be taught a very hard lesson. Maybe if they get a good beating with some sticks and golf clubs, just enough to break a few bones but not to kill them, they'd soon understand what its like for the animal. And I don't care what age they are, any little **** capable of doing something like this deserves exactly the same treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

The young horse that was beaten up in Moyross died despite LAW's best efforts to save him, so accounts of him being beaten up and dragged about with a car were not exaggerated.

The goat is very badly bruised but she tries to get to her feet and will leave the stable to go a few metres away to sit in the sunshine, so LAW are hopeful for her. She is extremely thin, though.

What upsets me is that it's left to the LAW volunteers to go into these places and rescue these animals. The gardai were contacted about the horse in Moyross - the youths said it was their horse, so the guards said the problem was sorted. The women from LAW were too frightened to go into Moyross that night to get the horse, so had to wait until first light the following morning to go and rescue him. (They've been physically attacked in Moyross before, and have had their cars vandalised, so I don't blame them for fearing for their own safety.)

When the poor goat was being attacked, two ladies from LAW again went and rescued her. One lady is in her 70s, the other in her 50s. It's just not right that we rely on private individuals to help animals in these emergency situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Jesus! What the hell is wrong with these people?! How messed up are those kids going to be when they grow up? How anyone could think that that's fun doing that to a poor animal is beyond me. Those kids should be out playing football or climbing trees or doing whatever NORMAL children do. There's something wrong with those kids. I don't care where they're from, that's messed up.

God love those poor volunteers. I pray to God those scum get a beating of their own sometime soon. I don't care if they're "only children", fcuk that, they're little monsters! I'm so angry reading that. I spent many years in Limerick and it's because of scum like that I'm glad I'm out of there. They give Limerick a bad name unfortunately.

Limerick and Finglas are highest in animal cruelty cases now apparently. It's only getting worse too. Animal welfare is a joke in this country :(

Advertisement