Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are you going to cheat

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Sangre wrote:
    Hey, its a dog eat dog world. If you don't have what it takes to make then you'll never suceed in the real world. Cheating is a fact of life!!

Nice people finish last!

agree mostly with first point but not second point always.

i personally wouldn't have the balls 2 cheat but then again its more of a moral thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Exactly its not worth it. Also Sangre I wont even lower myself to your level. Not worth my time. Formulas written on paper = Cheating in maths. But you couldnt figure that out.... oh look the result of a cheater. Enough said.

Good luck to everyone doing their leaving cert the honest way

the most successful people are never the people who do best in their leaving cert. SAd but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

But if you cheat and you dont get caught...

College

PLC course

Decent job!

GStormcrow wrote:
    Exactly its not worth it. Also Sangre I wont even lower myself to your level. Not worth my time. Formulas written on paper = Cheating in maths. But you couldnt figure that out.... oh look the result of a cheater. Enough said.

Good luck to everyone doing their leaving cert the honest way
    Yeahn except maths is about 1% formula and 99% application so you would be well able for college maths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

your arrogance doesn't surprise me!! you just wait till u get caught at your games! cheating is the cowards way out!!

Not if you cant simply remember the formulas to do the application. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Sangre wrote:
    Yeahn except maths is about 1% formula and 99% application so you would be well able for college maths.
    you obviously skipped the theoretical side of college maths where those formula's are derived , proved and created.....
    I've courses where the only numbers are for indexing greek symbols....

As for cheating in maths, actually the LC is one of the few times in life where cheating/memorising the maths involved would be effective, high level of repetition.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sangre wrote:

College

PLC course

Decent job!
    Both in the JC, and LC, the supervisors walked around.

I truely hope ye all get caught cheating:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Surely anything you could possibly fit in a pencil case would be so little that you could memorise it in not much more time than it would take to write it out, thats what I could never understand about people who write cog notes. Well thats the way I look at it, but then ive got a fairly good memory. But still, it's ridiculous that after 2 years of studying for the LC, you cant even remember as much material as you can fit in a pencil case.

• Advertisement

Darth Bobo wrote:
    you obviously skipped the theoretical side of college maths where those formula's are derived , proved and created.....
    I've courses where the only numbers are for indexing greek symbols....

As for cheating in maths, actually the LC is one of the few times in life where cheating/memorising the maths involved would be effective, high level of repetition.

Lol Bobo you are dead right. My maths this year hardly envolved a single number. Its based on proofs of formulas, deriving effective algorithims etc. Two modules next year are Probability and Algorithims/Databases. Which again is harder than maths I was very capable of in the LC

Well if you can only get by by learning the stuff off by heart and not understanding the proofs etc then you're clearly not able.

you'd be suprised what u can fit in some pencil cases.

Who says I dont understand the proofs. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

I think ill buy a giant pencil case and just bring my books in! *They'll never notice will they?*

Lol you'd get 10/10 for effort. Seriously though study and you'll do ok. Dont waste time worrying, thinking of ways to cheat, overly stressing (a little stress is a good thing). These take time away from studying. Good luck with your LC anyway. Hope you get what you are looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Sangre wrote:

College

PLC course

Decent job!

You could always go to a nonsmelly country and do their exam instead.

Yeah, very practical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

Imagine going to England and attempting to sit the Gaeilge Exam...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I had a friend who wrote out formula's and that on a bit of toilet paper, gave him a bit of help but in fairness if your goin to do that in every exam and go to the toilet in every exam then they will get suspicious and watch you more closely. also you'll be nervous enough as it is without the worrying about cheating and getting caught, you'll probably start to forget what you do remember.i was seriously tempted to cheat but started to think so much about it i couldn't concentrate on any study. forget the cheating, cram before the exams and memorise as much key points as you can, in most cases you'll start to think of what to put with them anyways. i honestly did f-all study all 5th and 6th year, 2 weeks before exam i was sh****ng myself! i crammed the last week before and every nite before exams and managed to get 400 points, all my teachers nearly dropped when they seen my results.i even got top in 3 subjects and seriously i have the worst memory in the world and am far from being a natural genius. cram like crazy and throw as much as you can down, even if some of it is bull. it worked for me,it'll work for more.
    ps:all i did for maths was as much sample papers and past papers as i could in the last 2 weeks and after getting d1 in pass in pre's got a1 in real thing. could work for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

most exams id put a piece of paper with som stuff on it in my pencil case or on my arm but almost every time I never needed to lookat ti because I was so aware of what I put on my hand I remembered anyway.

About the Maths B3 thing, In my case Im not so sure. I`m applying for a finance course and it has that requirment. In school Accounting and Economics are my top subjects id hope to get an A in at least one of them. However Maths is one of my weakest and I`ve had 4 different teachers in the two years. So I think a finance course would be ideal for me.

I`ll probably get the points just really worried about the maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Time to close this thread.

Sangre I see one more complaint and I will ban you from here or maybe even the whole Soc section.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement