Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gay actors

Options
  • 08-02-2015 2:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

was just watching a soap there snd seen 2 male actors french kissing and one of the actors is having an affair on his fiance.

would this actor normally be gay in real life OR could a straight actor play a gay character ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

It's called acting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Is that Emmerdale you are watching? If so, neither of the actors in that story line are gay in real life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

sitstill wrote: »
    Is that Emmerdale you are watching? If so, neither of the actors in that story line are gay in real life.

yep

eviltwin wrote: »
    It's called acting.....

its a bit more than acting though......

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

How?

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    How?

is changing your sexuality acting ?

is changing your sexuality acting ?

Well, no. Let's just say that I get what your insinuating, but I'm not rising to the bait.

;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

It would not be wise to bait other users into an argument.

Itzy wrote: »
    It would not be wise to bait other users into an argument.

im not trying to have any argument. I just find it thought provoking that a "straight" actor can french kiss another man on multiple occasions, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

im not trying to have any argument. I just find it thought provoking that a "straight" actor can french kiss another man on multiple occasions, that's all.

How does a gay actor french kiss a person of the opposite sex? Or someone who is married or in a relationship? How does someone who is a normal human being act being a murderer, child abuser, rapist etc? Its their job, they are paid to convince us they are someone they aren't. Obviously those guys are doing a good one if you've called their sexuality into question :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Thought provoking yes, but it's nothing more than a man that's comfortable with his own sexuality. Madonna snogged the face off Brittany Spears, doesn't make her a lesbian.

They are both professional actors. There is nothing thought provoking about it other than how good at acting they are.
    Actors are constantly doing stuff in films and tv which they wouldn't do when the camera is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't see a difference between this and various actors kissing other people on a TV show, people they don't fancy in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

So what you're saying is Ardal O'Hanlon really is a naive priest? Interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Its really not

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

OP, you should never watch sci-fi.

If you think this is confusing, try wrapping your head around how Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana turned themselves into giant blue aliens for avatar!

floggg wrote: »
    OP, you should never watch sci-fi.

If you think this is confusing, try wrapping your head around how Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana turned themselves into giant blue aliens for avatar!

well aren't I the big silly goose

Whats your point?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Whats your point?

that im a silly goose

that im a silly goose

Hmmm right ok

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Very few of the actors on Emmeradle are indeed farmers and mechanics either would you believe.

Ash885 wrote: »
    Very few of the actors on Emmeradle are indeed farmers and mechanics either would you believe.

Well holy God....

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Well holy God....

Jim Caviezel and not actually god? Am I getting it now?

Lyaiera wrote: »

Miley wasnt a farmer.

Terry Pratchet

Lyaiera wrote: »

Kinda. He's Jesus, you see, who's also God. Which makes him kinda his own dad. And his own son at the same time. Also, as were all god's children, Jim Caviezel is also everybody's uncle and nephew I think..?!? It's complicated.

Anyway. Upshot is that I'm your uncle. How many birthday presents do I owe ya, and where do I send them? I'm not made of money, by the way. More your sort of fun uncle who never really sorted his life out. Don't go too mad. It'd help if you like buns? I could just bake you a load of buns.

Well holy God....

That's Glenroe.
    Mick "Miley Byrne" Lally" was also not a farmer

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DavidRamsay99

A lot of actors are gay and in Hollywood many of the leading men and ladies keep up a well constructed front.
    Celebrity websites and the publicity engine create the public personae of some male actors as ladies men and actors are photographed to keep up the pretense they are dating so and so.
    An army of burly private eyes, bodyguards and bruisers are hired by the studios and financial backers of movies to take care of blackmailers and so on.

Your words, not mine.

Did you also know That barney from How I Met Your Mother, one of the biggest womaniser on TV, is actually a big raving homo?

Apparently gay people can act straight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

floggg wrote: »
    Your words, not mine.

Did you also know That barney from How I Met Your Mother, one of the biggest womaniser on TV, is actually a big raving homo?

Apparently gay people can act straight too.

I hope his husband and two kids don't know of this secret life :confused:

• Advertisement

Ash885 wrote: »
    I hope his husband and two kids don't know of this secret life :confused:

Apparently they think he has a tiny straight look a like who lives in a box in their living room.

Advertisement