Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for gay friends in thurles area

• 02-02-2015 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi I have just recently came out and I am looking for some friends that are gay like myself in the thurles area. I feel like I am the only gay person around. if there is a lgbt group in thurles that would be great also. I am in my early twenties and would like to make friends with people my own age.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 squashman

would also be interested in finding new friends in the Kilkenny area also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hey op i dont have much advice but just had to say that you are definitely not the only guy your age who is gay in that area, and well done for coming out, the person i used to know who was gay struggled a lot with it there so fair play to you...Also why not try meetup.com? there may be meetups there? Or if there arent any yet you could set one up, even, its easy enough to do....Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 squashman

Hey pushkin22 thanks for the nice comment. Do you still live around Thurles ? Would love to talk to you about support groups etc if you have the time. Would be nice to know someone who is like me for a change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

well i live in the uk now myself sorry, but if i were you id definitely try to organise a meetup group. Or else maybe move somewhere a bit more populated like galway , cork, etc...Your post reminded me of the guy on Little Britain who always joked he was the ''only gay in the village'' :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

I've no real advice to offer you OP, but what I will tell you is that there are loads of guys in Thurles who are gay... This I know for a fact. I'm not from Tipp but I have a large circle of friends there and the running joke amongst all of them is the percentage of lads in the town or surrounding town lands who are gay - in particular the Jockey... what's going on out around there:p. I was in the watermill one night before Christmas and in the front bar alone there were six lads I know in different groups of friends who were comfortably out. So chin-up... well done on coming out. That's a very positive step for you personally and you will only grow stronger from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Eoinmelbourne

squashman wrote: »
    Hi I have just recently came out and I am looking for some friends that are gay like myself in the thurles area. I feel like I am the only gay person around. if there is a lgbt group in thurles that would be great also. I am in my early twenties and would like to make friends with people my own age.

Hi , bi guy herejust moved to Thurles , did you meet anyone?

Advertisement