Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do I do next

• 11-02-2015 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi guys, so here's my dilemma I have recently met this guy online and I really really like him and I think he likes me. The thing is I last spoke to him on Monday and it is now Wednesday and I'm wondering should I message him or not. You see I'm new to this whole dating thing and I don't know how long I should leave it before I should message him again. I don't want to frighten him off.
    Any advise would be very helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Judging by your other two recent threads, newly out gay people have a habit to rush into new relationships because it's all new and exciting. My only advice would be if the guy doesn't reply, your world is not over and it's only the beginning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

You don't know what's going on in his life and there could be a reason why he hasn't messaged. Don't take everything as a negative. Leave it another day or two and then perhaps message him if there's no word from him, but don't mention that he hasn't been in contact as it may put him off and make you come across as a bit clingy - definitely not a good look when things are potentially just starting out. Play it cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

squashman wrote: »
    Hi guys, so here's my dilemma I have recently met this guy online and I really really like him and I think he likes me. The thing is I last spoke to him on Monday and it is now Wednesday and I'm wondering should I message him or not. You see I'm new to this whole dating thing and I don't know how long I should leave it before I should message him again. I don't want to frighten him off.
    Any advise would be very helpful.

****, it message him if you want.

Newly out people might make mistakes but you learn by doing. Do what feels right to you.

You'll end up just as confused if you start trying to abide by unwritten rules and over thinking the situation.

Just use a bit of common sense, realise that nobody knows what they are doing in the dating game and accept that you will make mistakes but it's not going to be the end of the world.

Advertisement