Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Almera 01.

• 17-01-2014 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭

My 01 Almera is shuddering quite badly
    under acceleration particularly in 2nd & 3rd
    gear.Could the problem be either clutch or
    timing chain related? 1.5 petrol.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any loss of power or similar? Or just the shudder? As soon as you release pedal it stops shuddering?

If your answers are yes, no and yes then I think maybe motor mount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Hello,
    thanks for replying.Regarding the car-there's no real loss of power,clutch and gear change normal
    shudder occurs AFTER releasing pedal.I also notice the rev.counter has stopped working.
    There's 160,000 on the clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

Sounds like timing chain. Im in the middle of changing mine and its a bitch of a job! Take off coils and rocker cover to see how far the tensioner is sticking out. Only takes 5 mins. I think 10mm is the limit. Mine was out about 15mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sean, did you have the same issue before you started on the chain?
    OP, have a look at this thread, it mentions shudder and chain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Taking it to a garage next week.
    See how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

biko wrote: »
    Sean, did you have the same issue before you started on the chain?
    OP, have a look at this thread, it mentions shudder and chain.

Yes I had the same problems. I had been told by a friend that the timing chain stretches in these a lot so I checked the tensioner as soon as I noticed the problem. It also looks like someone may have changed it before because there is a lot of sealant around the side casing. Dunno if it would be like that from the factory

Advertisement