Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine Number/Code

Options
  • 02-04-2014 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I'm looking to find the engine number on the car(99 golf) but can't seem to find it anywhere. It's not the original engine so the sticker in the boot or logbook won't do. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if it is stamped on to the engine or something like that. I checked the timih belt aswell but the sticker is too faded to read.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

It's on the block but probably covered in crap and hard to find. What engine is it? Diesel petrol etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

Interslice wrote: »
    It's on the block but probably covered in crap and hard to find. What engine is it? Diesel petrol etc.

From what I've been told it's a 90bhp engine. The original engine was a 110 bhp engine. It's diesel btw. Is there any noticeable differences between these two?

From what I've been told it's a 90bhp engine. The original engine was a 110 bhp engine. It's diesel btw. Is there any noticeable differences between these two?

Different turbo and injectors I think. I'd say you've the same engine as before though

Different turbo and injectors I think. I'd say you've the same engine as before though

Ok thanks. Ye that's what I'm thinking but I just want to be sure so I'll take a look round the engine tommorow anyway for the number. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Shouldn't logbook have new engines code/model in it?

• Advertisement

Ok thanks. Ye that's what I'm thinking but I just want to be sure so I'll take a look round the engine tommorow anyway for the number. Thanks

You'll only get the engine number not the code of the block. If you can get a part number of the turbo I can tell you. The 110 uses a VNT turbo that's part of the manifold made by garett. The 90 has a fixed turbo made by kkk I think(or maybe garett too but mostly kk's on vw's). Would have been a bigger job to swap over the two engines. ECU would have to be swapped aswell as a few other bits.

I'll try to find pics of the two turbo's.

arleitiss wrote: »
    Shouldn't logbook have new engines code/model in it?

Yes it should. That's another reason I want to check and see if it has been changed on the logbook.

You'll only get the engine number not the code of the block. If you can get a part number of the turbo I can tell you. The 110 uses a VNT turbo that's part of the manifold made by garett. The 90 has a fixed turbo made by kkk I think(or maybe garett too but mostly kk's on vw's). Would have been a bigger job to swap over the two engines. ECU would have to be swapped aswell as a few other bits.

I'll try to find pics of the two turbo's.
    I'll take a look tommorow then and try and find it. Thanks a lot. I see what you mean, I don't really know why someone would put a 90bhp engine in it.

Advertisement