Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAMSUNG Galaxy S III for €485

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Theres another BA for this phone and it's cheaper...

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

Even if Pixmania were cheaper I would advise to steer clear from them. I used them in the past and there was nothing but trouble with warranty and refunds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Just a heads up on this.

The price may drop by even more coming closer to April/May when is successor its due to be released (galaxy s4)

Also worth keeping that in mind if anyone is due an upgrade in the next few months, no point being stuck with 'old models' for 18 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Feidhlim wrote: »
    Theres another BA for this phone and it's cheaper...

Yes, I've noticed - I feel a bit silly now.
    Even if Pixmania were cheaper I would advise to steer clear from them. I used them in the past and there was nothing but trouble with warranty and refunds.

I kinda agree. They are a bit ****ty....but I do seem to try get something off them every couple of years or so - I saved about €300 on my last telly. I suppose my memory is a bit ****ty too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

ads20101 wrote: »
    Yes, I've noticed - I feel a bit silly now.

Good, because what you have done has ruined my day, and a lot of other peoples days. Thanks :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Have to agree - they'll weasel their way out of refund or support. Once it's dispatched, you're on your own whatever state it arrives in.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Just a heads up on this.

The price may drop by even more coming closer to April/May when is successor its due to be released (galaxy s4)

Also worth keeping that in mind if anyone is due an upgrade in the next few months, no point being stuck with 'old models' for 18 months or so.

errr... where have you gotten the s4 release date from???

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Probably just speculation..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

i suppose its the usual release cycle. nothing definite yet, but we can make an educated stab at it.

hard to believe you could better the s3 though:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

2010, sgs1.
    2011, sgs2
    2012, sgs3

Anyone see a pattern here?

Admittedly its all speculation, but I think its fair to assume they'll not break from the usual routine.

http://mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/features/mobile-phone/3382600/samsung-galaxy-s4-release-date-specs-rumours/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

2010, sgs1.
    2011, sgs2
    2012, sgs3

Admittedly its all speculation, but I think its fair to assume they'll not break from the usual routine.

http://mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/features/mobile-phone/3382600/samsung-galaxy-s4-release-date-specs-rumours/

You mean the progression from sgs1 to sgs3. ..nope don't see it :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

emo72 wrote: »

They already have, it's called the Note 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

8 cores a comin soon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

emo72 wrote: »

Nexus 4, HTC One X...

The SGS3 is a great phone, but the whole fanboy thing is nearly as bad as the iPhone crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Great phone got one yesterday to replace my galaxy s1 and its a huge step up not to concerned about g4 coming out think ill skip the next generator or two applying the old tried and true graphics card upgrade tactic back when pc's where advanceing to quickly to keep up with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Just want to say that Pixmania aren't the worst for customer service. I bought a graphic card from them which quickly became faulty. Pix paid UPS to collect it from me and quickly sent me a new one. I would recommend them.

2010, sgs1.
    2011, sgs2
    2012, sgs3

Yeah I figured that... but I quote, "The price may drop by even more coming closer to April/May when is successor its due to be released (galaxy s4)"

Galaxy S3 if I recall was released in late Q3. I know speculation says it will be early this year but you seemed pretty convinced it would be April/May

Had you quoted the yearly pattern, as you have in response, then I wouldn't have raised this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Pique wrote: »
    Nexus 4, HTC One X...

The SGS3 is a great phone, but the whole fanboy thing is nearly as bad as the iPhone crowd.

HTC battery life is atrocious so it's not in the same game as the s3. The nexus is a better spec so would be seen as a better phone but lack of storage works against it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

bidiots wrote: »

HTC battery life is atrocious so it's not in the same game as the s3. The nexus is a better spec so would be seen as a better phone but lack of storage works against it...
    The newer HTC One X+ is supposed to have incredible battery life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

IrishHomer wrote: »
    The newer HTC One X+ is supposed to have incredible battery life.

HTC and good battery life, do not go together

Advertisement