Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pep Guardiola to leave Barcelona

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

It would be interesting to see how good he really is by managing a different style of team though.

Not necessarily on here, but I have seen a lot of people say that over the last 20 odd hours and I'm not entirely sure why, for the simple fact that the way Barça have played over the last 4 years was almost entirely Pep's doing.

The Barça style, while being that of tiki-taka nature, Pep completely overhauled it to his style. The high, quick pressing, hunting the ball back in packs, retreating a few yards so as to compact the space for the opposition in possession of the ball... these are all traits of Guardiola's tactics rather than Barcelona's. If you watch a match pre-Guardiola era, Barcelona are a different kettle of fish, despite the main attacking trio being similar.

Given the time to settle, I think he could easily do a job for any team in any league. The club I'd love for him to go to is Arsenal. They have a similar football philosophy and I think he would fit right in there. Although, he might do a Wenger and start stealing our kids as well :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

They are all traits of Bielsa's character, which Pep, having been inspired by the tactics, applied to Barcelona so brilliantly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Hopefully he doesn't end up at some **** team like Liverpool or Chelsea and get sacked after two games because results don't go his way. He would probably be better off staying in Spain where he understands the game.

It would be interesting to see how good he really is by managing a different style of team though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...l-control.html :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭event

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He seems like a classy fella. Too good for the premiership.
    Mr Alan wrote: »

Agreed.

so where does that leave?

Italy? Such a truthful and pure league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:pac:

I think he'd elevate the Premier League like Wenger did before he got a bit obsessive. Pure snobbery to suggest otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

303323_353885798002164_167486409975438_945115_2119687688_n.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bild to run with Bayern in negotiations with Guardiola to take over for Heynckes in 2013 as their cover story tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

-Ade- wrote: »
    Bild to run with Bayern in negotiations with Guardiola to take over for Heynckes in 2013 as their cover story tomorrow.

It would be an interesting one, for sure. Wouldn't damage his legacy if he took a few titles there while doing nothing spectacular in the CL.

Advertisement