Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beachcaster tripod reccomendations.

Options
  • 31-01-2012 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi folks,

I'm looking to buy a beachcaster tripod that'll hold 2 rods ,must have strong legs/spikes and be fairly light. I've heard you can get some that you can hang a bag of sand/stones from for extra sturdiness. Also rig holder could be handy but not essential.
    If anybody knows of a really good'un please post it up here.
    I had a quick look around some of the Irish web-shops but they seemed to be lacking in choice and info/reviews.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭flounder

I have the shakespeare salt once its up no amound of wind will knock it, it has trace hangers on 2 legs and comes in a handy bag with a strap,
    Ian golds super match are a bit lighter and you can get leg locks and trace hanger bar for it, but they are sold seperately i think,

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

I have the Shakespeare salt tripod also, costs between 40-50 sterling, very strong and telescopic with a hanging hook for bait or your gear bag. Very good tripod only fault (small complaint) is the weight if your walking a big distance

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

The Veals tripod has given me good service.

Advertisement