Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Registering for a H-DIP

• 26-01-2015 7:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for information regarding a H-Dip. I am a BBS graduate from 2012 & I haven't had much luck in getting employment in what I qualified in. I have a high 2:1 degree from WIT & I was thinking of going back to do either a masters or a H-Dip, preferably the latter.

Can anyone advise me on what the best course of action is, or tell me if I'd even be accepted into a course? Any information whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. I'd ring the relevant department myself but I'm abroad at the minute & won't be home for a few months. Ideally I'd like to become a secondary teacher if that is of any use to anyone thinking of advising me.

Thanks in advance,
    Coop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

The H-Dip has been replaced by a two year masters in education and the deadlines for application are usually in December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Assuming you're willing to give it a go and prepared to be on low wages/hours for a few years after qualifying then...

Check out what your subjects qualify you to teach as the worst thing you could do is be lumped with one subject (sorry , not too sure what a BBS is!!). The Universities used to be quick to accept folk with qualifications not accepted by the Teaching Council so don't know if they've changed their ways lately.

Sorry I can't find the link on the Teaching Council website to see what your degree qualifies you to teach. Maybe someone can post it up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

going by pg. 79 on the link document, it would appear you would be ok for businesd, economics and accounting (although it tells you to double check with the teaching council on the next page).
    Although that doc at the start says "for persons applying for registration prior to and including 2016".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭castaway_lady

If you have had no luck getting employment so far this move will most likely ensure that that continues for you unless you like the idea of living in the UK. Realistically check out salary levels and read about the poor pension rates and employment stability problems before you pay any college fees for this move.

• Advertisement
Advertisement