Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sportsdirect 20% off code Irish Site - (ie.sportsdirect.com)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Threads Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rightman

I have good few items in my basket, but it doesn't seem to be possible to enter the voucher code?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

rightman wrote: »
    I have good few items in my basket, but it doesn't seem to be possible to enter the voucher code?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a million!

Make sure you are on the Irish site and you enter the code when you reach the payment stage of checking out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Ordered a pair of runners, 4 pairs of socks, 6 pairs of shorts and 2 hoodies for €92 delivered...incredible value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

just worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭crayon80

Just checking because it's different every time I order.....

Is Barlin delivery €7,00 the regular, bog standard DHL one?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭scouserstation

How long does shipping take from the Irish site? I ordered from sports direct uk there a couple of weeks ago and i couldnt believe how fast it had arrived, within 2 days....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

How long does shipping take from the Irish site? I ordered from sports direct uk there a couple of weeks ago and i couldnt believe how fast it had arrived, within 2 days....

More or less same time, you should have your order in under 5 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Thanks OP. Ordered with the code successfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Use code FEB20 for 20% discount til Midnight on Monday.

Thanks Natlor & claire, i just noticed that now, as i had to send back a pair of runners twice faulty to Dunnes. Will look that up later today if not sold out by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What scheme have they got going on with this:
    We are providing delivery services to you and we act on your behalf. Our delivery charge is collected from you by SportsDirect Ireland

What advantage do they have with the courier being under contract with us vs under contract with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Thanks for the heads up OP; ordered a load of gear earlier this evening. Got the family in on it as the delivery charge is the same regardless of the order size. The runners are great value (why does Elverys and Lifestyle always charge way over the odds for these?!) Can't wait for the delivery now! :D

What's with the £10 cashback at the end, i assume it'll cost you more in the long run?

Btw: i forgot to ask, aren't they part of Heatons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭deadimmortal

Using the Irish site " FEB20 - Your basket does not meet the requirements of this voucher."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Using the Irish site " FEB20 - Your basket does not meet the requirements of this voucher."
    It was supposed to expire at midnight, so I'm assuming that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭deadimmortal

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    It was supposed to expire at midnight, so I'm assuming that's it.

Yeah I was thinking the same but hoping they were going to keep it active for awhile afterwards like the last one they did :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What's with the £10 cashback at the end, i assume it'll cost you more in the long run?

Btw: i forgot to ask, aren't they part of Heatons?

10 cashback is bull crap, check their t&c

Last I heard Mike Ashley, Sportsdirect, Mr Newcastle and rangers etc etc owns 51% of heatons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

The £10 cash back opts you into some deal saver type scheme where they'll charge you X per month to be part of a "club", I've seen it on a few websites (Ticketmaster, Irish Rail) and feel it's fairly underhanded, my dad foolishly fell for it.

The £10 cash back opts you into some deal saver type scheme where they'll charge you X per month to be part of a "club", I've seen it on a few websites (Ticketmaster, Irish Rail) and feel it's fairly underhanded, my dad foolishly fell for it.

It looks like you would have to be a frequent shopper to avail of it i see ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Damn it!!!! Wanted to order stuff for my sons birthday and code is not working :( thought it might still be working today and it would have saved me probably €50 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

lukesmom wrote: »
    Damn it!!!! Wanted to order stuff for my sons birthday and code is not working :( thought it might still be working today and it would have saved me probably €50 :(

I think it was written all over the website that the code for 20% off expired at midnight. So I'm guessing the code expired at midnight.

bailey99 wrote: »
    I think it was written all over the website that the code for 20% off expired at midnight. So I'm guessing the code expired at midnight.

Yes I know but didn't have the money to pay until today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

how accurate is their order tracker? ordered from them last week, still says awaiting courier pickup.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

how accurate is their order tracker? ordered from them last week, still says awaiting courier pickup.

I ordered from them in Jan 2015 and once again 2 days back too. The courier service that served the first order was different from the second one. I didn't have any problem with the first one; the order was delivered within 3 working days. With the second one, it's been just 2 days since the order placed; the status is same as yours - order awaiting pick up.

• Moderators Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

mac.in wrote: »
    I ordered from them in Jan 2015 and once again 2 days back too. The courier service that served the first order was different from the second one. I didn't have any problem with the first one; the order was delivered within 3 working days. With the second one, it's been just 2 days since the order placed; the status is same as yours - order awaiting pick up.

Id say they got pretty busy when the 20% discount came about. How many of us here on this thread were waiting around for a discount!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've found that prices have risen on the website over the last year. Even with the 20% off the 7 euro delivery charge negates any savings. Need to be ordering over 100€ worth to make it worth it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

mac.in wrote: »

You both need to login to your account, click order history and track my order, I ordered on sunday night and have the same status as you but can see from the dhl tracking that its already left gatwick

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

is this new crowd that deliver it (barlin) any good?? i used be drove potty when dhl wud lob in the "u wernt home" slip without even ringing/knocking! which forced me to take half day and travel out to middle of nowhere to collect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

fat tony9 wrote: »
    is this new crowd that deliver it (barlin) any good?? i used be drove potty when dhl wud lob in the "u wernt home" slip without even ringing/knocking! which forced me to take half day and travel out to middle of nowhere to collect it.

Barlin are just arrange the delivery on your behalf. DHL are the shipping company. I've never had an issue with DHL, in fact I usually get a call off them if I don't answer the door and the leave it in my porch for me once I give the all clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

manu2009 wrote: »
    You both need to login to your account, click order history and track my order, I ordered on sunday night and have the same status as you but can see from the dhl tracking that its already left gatwick

did that, just says shipping info received. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

ugh!! was so hoping dhl were gone. ya i got the phone call a few times alright. they good that way, but as i said- not all the time.
    guess it depends which individual im dealing with on the day(and what humor hes in!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,068 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I've found that prices have risen on the website over the last year. Even with the 20% off the 7 euro delivery charge negates any savings. Need to be ordering over 100€ worth to make it worth it.

show me anywhere that is as cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you're having issues with couriers I cant recommend the Aftership app highly enough. Every time the status of your tracking no changes it gives you a notification so you're on the ball when they try and sneak a missed delivery passed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

none of the codes are working for me at all......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

kingaaa wrote: »
    none of the codes are working for me at all......

Disaster. Codes expired I'd say.

bailey99 wrote: »
    Disaster. Codes expired I'd say.

oh, there is a limit on the IRE20 one?...I thought it was a permanent one for Irish customers!!!.....lol

I order a lot from sports direct so was surprised to find today that delivery was €21!!! I ordered €180 worth of stuff.

Seve OB wrote: »
    show me anywhere that is as cheap

Sportsworld!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sportsworld!

Same company ... less range

• Advertisement

Sportsworld!
    RayCon wrote: »
    Same company ... less range

and definately nowhere near as cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Largely to do with the horrendous performance of the Euro.

rob316 wrote: »
    Largely to do with the horrendous performance of the Euro.

actually, their euro prices haven't changed at all, so the fact the euro has weakened a lot in recent times, has had no impact on the prices charged.

their euro prices are exactly that, euro prices and are not linked back to their sterling prices at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Welshprince

I would advise everyone to be cautious when ordering, as the reason most stuff is on the site, is it is wrongly sized. Do read all comments from other buyers to get an Idea of items you are interested in, believe me, it will help avoid disappointment.
    The site owners themselves will not give you any exact measurements (I know because I asked ) so if you buy you are doing so at a bit of a risk.
    Many buyers comments are in Languages that you will need to Google for a translation, so there is a bit of work to be done to get your bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

I would advise everyone to be cautious when ordering, as the reason most stuff is on the site, is it is wrongly sized. Do read all comments from other buyers to get an Idea of items you are interested in, believe me, it will help avoid disappointment.
    The site owners themselves will not give you any exact measurements (I know because I asked ) so if you buy you are doing so at a bit of a risk.
    Many buyers comments are in Languages that you will need to Google for a translation, so there is a bit of work to be done to get your bargain.

Have ordered off the website at least 10 times and never had an issue with size (or quality for that matter). Not saying you're wrong, but to claim that most stuff on the site is the wrong side is far too much of a generalisation!

Had an issue with an order I placed at the weekend, didn't realise that a pair of shorts were preorder and would delay my order by 2 months. Thought j was up the creek without a paddle, but their customer service was brilliant, few quick emails, the shorts were removed from the order, refund given and the rest of the order processed. Very pleasantly surprised

Have never once had a problem with sizing at all and ive been ordering for a few years, I actually buy 99% of my children's clothes on sports direct. I also cancelled part of an order last month and they were very quick to refund me, are you definitely talking about sports direct??

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    and definately nowhere near as cheap

Was in Sportsworld the weekend and the golf gear I was getting was a similar price less the delivery charge.
    Handy not having to wait also.

SportsDirect is a bargain site, but not as much as it was a number of years ago.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Welshprince

Glad to hear you have had no size problems, you have been lucky. I have had no such luck and I am a standard Medium. Hence my advice to read the "comments" as they are all about "size" issues. I take size 8 shoes and when bought from this site I had to get 9 and a 1/2 before they fitted. I wanted a Jacket and asked about the chest size, they would not give it, so I don't rate customer service too highly either.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Glad to hear you have had no size problems, you have been lucky. I have had no such luck and I am a standard Medium. Hence my advice to read the "comments" as they are all about "size" issues. I take size 8 shoes and when bought from this site I had to get 9 and a 1/2 before they fitted. I wanted a Jacket and asked about the chest size, they would not give it, so I don't rate customer service too highly either.
    I think those size issues tend to be a brand issue more than a sports direct one.
    One companies medium is anothers large and the same can be said for shoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Fatswaldo

With three sports-mad boys, I'm a regular customer of Sportsdirect online. Big savings on Football Boots and Trainers in particular. Bought lots of Golf related items too. Never had any problems on quality, size or customer service.

BTW, I've been in the shops in the UK several times but dont like them - jammed packed full of stuff, prices are higher and the staff have no clue.

I did have an issue with Firetrap jeans before - ordered 2 x pairs, exact same line and size, one pair I could'nt close the button - the other were too big!...but in fairness, I would lay the blame with Firetrap for that! different brands have different sizing, it's just the fact we buy online and cant try them on that catches us out....

• Advertisement
Advertisement