Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Cleverley MAY be fit for Monday

Jones, Cleverely, Welbeck, Nani, Rooney in the same team

1843569705_drooling_homer_785344_xlarge.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

stewartgardner: SAF says there's no good news re Owen and Cleverley. Says Ando could return late Jan. #mufc #mutv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Damn was hoping Cleverly would be ready for the blackburn game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Trilla wrote: »

Let's hope he will be there for the cup game against man city, a repeat performance of the second half of the community shield wouldnt go amiss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the squad the beat QPR and Fulham should be more than capable of picking up 6 points over christmas. we have a few big games in january, i would rather a full fit cleverly then, as well as a few others.

• Advertisement

VW 1 wrote: »
    Let's hope he will be there for the cup game against man city, a repeat performance of the second half of the community shield wouldnt go amiss

Would be nice alright, I just assumed he would be back earlier...Enjoy the Bburn game VW1. I let Spooney know to give you the other ticket and gave him your number. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Just sticking me nose in to subscribe to the thread :)

Great news about Jones. The Tank, fair knock he took the other night, surprised he didnt go off sooner. Great tackle on Ruiz for a fella who's head was rattling :) I reckon if he didn't get the knock, he would have cleared the ball first time instead of missing it and letting ruiz in.
    He then would have collected his own clearence at the edge of the Fulham box and scored an amazing overhead kick, such is his talent :)

Would be nice alright, I just assumed he would be back earlier...Enjoy the Bburn game VW1. I let Spooney know to give you the other ticket and gave him your number. Thanks again.

No worries, the ticket is a present for the aul lad for christmas, I'll just get me dad to get th ticket off him when he is leaving. Cheers again, have a good one

Fergie press conference skysports news now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I wish we didn't sign Ashley Young

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

I wish we didn't sign Ashley Young

Why? He's a fantastic signing imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Fantastic news about Jones.

After a depressing few weeks form wise, the last 2 games have certainly made me a lot happier going into the new year.

Ive never been his biggest fan but, we seem to be oh so more solid looking with Carrick back in the team. Kudos to him.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

adox wrote: »
    Fantastic news about Jones.

After a depressing few weeks form wise, the last 2 games have certainly made me a lot happier going into the new year.

Ive never been his biggest fan but, we seem to be oh so more solid looking with Carrick back in the team. Kudos to him.:)

Good to see you back adox. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We should be looking to get 12 points from next 4 league games which are Wigan(h), Blackburn(h), Newcastle(a) and Bolton(h) before our visit to Emirates on 22nd of January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Killme00 wrote: »
    Why? He's a fantastic signing imo

Because hes not good enough for United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Id say give a chance tbh. Hes only had half a season so far. He was brilliant for the first couple of months. Granted his form since then has been patchy to brutal but its way to early to be writing him off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Good news for phil jones, cheekbone intact

Apologies if its been posted already

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16294091.stm

Definitely agree with Adox, he looked like he had really made the step up and flourished over the pre-season and first few games and people were talking about Valencia no longer being first choice.

When the teams form waned after Cleverley's injury, Young's performance levels along with everyone elses dropped. He hasn't looked brilliant in a while, but give the lad a chance we aren't halfway through the season. The team is getting back to the swashbuckling ways and he may well refind the form. At least we know that he has it in him to be a top player, a goal threat and an assist getter.

Could be worse, we could have signed Downing who has shown very little promise at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

To cure the boredom of taking a break from Skyrim, I had a go at a Jones sig myself, so I might as well show off my lack of photoshopping skills in this shiny new thread.

Doesn't seem to be showing up properly though. More work needed.
    W9SV6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

adox wrote: »

I also have never been a big fan of his mainly due to inconsistent form in the past. But when the guy is consistent, I've no problem at all because he justifies his place. So long may it last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I wont mind Young as our 3rd choice winger. We won lot of trophies because of our quality squad not just first 11. He would be starting for most of the teams week in week out.

He is good enough to be a squad player for sure, not to forget he is versatile too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Park Ji Sung I found that post inspiring. :D

anfield2_1_copy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Owryan wrote: »
    Good news for phil jones, cheekbone intact

Apologies if its been posted already

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16294091.stm

Fantastic news. Would have been a huge blow to lose him for six weeks like those Twitter rumors suggested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i actually wouldnt be surprised if jones did break his cheek bone, but has decided to play anyway.

really has been an incredible signing so far,and while he has his faults at times, he is just one of those players that just tears into everything.

a cm of him, cleverly and carrick in the 5 man games, would be oh so good IMO with valencia and nani out wide.

valencia back on form lately is excellent for us. for all the talk about carrick being a big reason for us playing well, valencia should not be forgotten either,he has been smashing in the past 2 or 3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

i actually wouldnt be surprised if jones did break his cheek bone, but has decided to play anyway.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he did break it but it's healed already :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Martin Jol just annnounced in his press conference that Clint Dempsey will Be out for two months with a fractured elbow joint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Love it Park Ji Sung :D

Last night I got the first 3 sigs out of the way, they are being done in order of who PM'd me first, so these 3 are for VW1, grames_bond and TheTownie, enjoy lads!

VW1.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/VW1.jpg

grames_bond.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/grames_bond.jpg

He asked for something religious lol.

TheTownie.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/TheTownie.jpg

Up next: SilverFox261, Rasco1975, IX Deadmau5.

#PhilJonesTakeover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,336 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

that second one is brilliant Mikey!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

It has begun !!!

#PhilJonesTakeover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Love it Park Ji Sung :D

Last night I got the first 3 sigs out of the way, they are being done in order of who PM'd me first, so these 3 are for VW1, grames_bond and TheTownie, enjoy lads!

VW1.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/VW1.jpg

grames_bond.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/grames_bond.jpg

He asked for something religious lol.

TheTownie.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/TheTownie.jpg

Up next: SilverFox261, Rasco1975, IX Deadmau5.

#PhilJonesTakeover.

Great work Mickey !! Kudos to you !

You think we should put the hash tag in the sig too or just have the pic??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement