Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba TV

Options
  • 13-06-2011 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi i have just purchased a new Toshiba 40 inch LED TV and it will not play Movies from a external Drive. I am wondering if anybody out there has the same problem and found a solution i would be great full for any help..
    Cheers :(:(:(:(:(:(

Model Number 40SL753 and some spec USB 1 port
    USB 2 port SD card slot (SL/WL series only) 3.5mm mini jack Optical Phono jack Phono jacks RJ-45 Media Player Audio Audio L + R (Side) (Side)
    Y, PB/CB, PR/CR Audio L + R Video Audio L + R (D,E,F,G,H,H1,H2) PAL-I PAL-B/G (S/PDIF)
    Interface version: USB 2.0 USB class: Mass Storage File system: FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32 Wireless LAN adaptor ready for a home network, IEEE802.11a/b/g/n compatible Interface version: SD (up to 2GB)
    SDHC (4-32GB) File system: FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moved from Newbies & FAQ to HE General with redirect expiring in 7 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

You need to put up Tv model number and file type of movie...

Here
    These provide, as you would expect, a selection of multimedia features. But sadly the support they offer is more restrictive than we would have hoped. For instance, the USBs and SD card slot can only play JPEG photos, not movie or music files. Worse, while the Ethernet port is capable of streaming in stuff from DLNA PCs, these PCs have to use Windows 7. And even then we found the number of file types the TV worked with extremely limiting.

The USB ports only support pictures so when you say external drive, unless it has a media player built in it won't work, I can't find a link for supported movie file types.

It needs a seperate Toshiba dongle for Wi Fi also.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Bruffkid

Thanks you for your help
    if i known this from the start i would have bought another make of TV it kills me to think that cheaper Make of TV can stream Movies and play Music...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have an Xbox 360 can i see the movies through the Xbox and if yes how.??????
    Cheers

Bruffkid wrote: »
    Thanks you for your help
    if i known this from the start i would have bought another make of TV it kills me to think that cheaper Make of TV can stream Movies and play Music...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have an Xbox 360 can i see the movies through the Xbox and if yes how.??????
    Cheers
    Sorry Bruffkid for late reply, I don't have an Xbox but the guys over on the Xbox Forums will help you out I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement