Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy TV

Options
  • 29-08-2008 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi,

Am looking to get a new LCD this weekend, preferably 40". I was wondering if anyone could advise where the best deals are at the minute ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AnabellaPena

Have you thought about buying a TV in the states? You can get some great deals, but you need to find a way to convert the power. I had a friend that shipped a 60" TV using some parcel forwarding company in Connecticut. He saved about 35% over what it cost in Ireland. However, he knew someone that could convert the power.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

if youre looking to get a tv in the shops, currys ahve some alrite deals at the oment, a 42" 1080p LG for 750e, most notably.If youre willing to go over the internet, Richersounds will get you a 42" 1080p panasonic plasma for around 950e.If i remember right, Rs could also get you a sony 40v4000 lcd for about 850e.Have a look at thier uk website and afaik any tv there can be shipped over here for just 20 pounds.You probably know already but if not, they have a consumer interaction forum here

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

Check out bargin alerts! Sony KDL40v4000 €1199 with a free blu ray player worth €399!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

I'm just looking around for LED TV. I'm thinking about 42" and 100Hz and at the moment the best place would be Pixmania. What's Your opinion on it? Is there any chance to go up the North and get a bargain? I was on the website http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105 ,but they seem be to pricely for me. Would You recommend me other places of buying TV except Argos, Tesco?
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement