Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GLS couriers

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mac.book

Lo and behold, the package was sitting in the hall when I got in tonight at 9, having left at 7. My brother took it in and said it was dropped in by a guy in a van that he didnt recognise.

My one is finally : Out for delivery on GLS vechicle :)) I hope they'll find me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

Reading this thread has now made me even more concerned for my bass guitar and amp, which currently reside in a bloody warehouse in Cork because of an "incorrect address". And I didn't see the email in time, and their offices are closed. Will they attempt delivery tomorrow again?
    I sent them an email giving them specific directions to my house (which is actually on the side of a main road, and I gave them the number of the road & name of the house aswell).
    My parents are now gone mad because they think we'll be trying to source it all around Ireland for the next ten years.
    ALL I WANT IS MY GODDAMN BASS GUITAR, YOU COWBOYS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

A couple of icidents with couriers over the last few weeks.

A customer dropped up a parcel that had been left outside her door, she thought that one of our postmen had dropped it off at the wrong house, it turns out that a courier had simple left it outside her door and left. worth over €100 and left outside the door of the wrong house !!

another courier in looking for directions, as i started to explain where to go he says aaahh feck it i couldnt be bothered and left.

chatting to another and asked are you finished for the day, he says well ive one left but its a 3hr round trip, ill just put it down as a no reply and head for home.

Makes you think !!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

Shelflife wrote: »
    A couple of icidents with couriers over the last few weeks.

A customer dropped up a parcel that had been left outside her door, she thought that one of our postmen had dropped it off at the wrong house, it turns out that a courier had simple left it outside her door and left. worth over €100 and left outside the door of the wrong house !!

another courier in looking for directions, as i started to explain where to go he says aaahh feck it i couldnt be bothered and left.

chatting to another and asked are you finished for the day, he says well ive one left but its a 3hr round trip, ill just put it down as a no reply and head for home.

Makes you think !!

well that makes me feel a whole lot better since it's lashing rain and my guitar and amp are out for delivery today :):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

My first time getting something delivered with GLS. Just checked the tracking number.

Not out for delivery due to wrong address
    Stored

The address wasn't wrong and never had a problem with DHL, UPS and all other couriers. To make it worse GLS cost 2x

Called them and they said to phone the depot its held at. Of course there was no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shane1044

Hi, GLS are no good. Paid 20 euro delivery from England for guaranteed xmas delivery but no they wont be able to get it to me for the next week because their lazy bastards and dont work on xmas eve opposed to fastway delivering today. Bunch of scumbags!!!
    Would not reccomend them to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Bring that issue with your seller and get money back for Christmas guaranteed delivery
    Or

you can collect the package from GLS depot, It all depends on your location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

if i had to collect the package i would also want a refund.....
    they tried that collect from depot $hit with me numerous times - i live out in the country - i told them there was no way i would collect it - they are paid to deliver why the hell should anyone have to pick anything up?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭imogen

I will in future never use any UK supplier that has parcelforce because they contract to this utter shower GLS. Have to drive at peak time through the tunnel in Cork to try to retrieve my package tomorrow morning. Grrrrr!!!!! And I bet they've sent it back to the UK or lost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement