Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Earth Pro now free (was $399 AUD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

asking for login in details

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

asking for login in details

Just hit the grab a free key link. Will request you signup. I got my key sent to my email within a couple of minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Nice one. Got my key

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

getting an error

Error! Your sign up can not be completed due to We're sorry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Worked perfectly for me cheers. :)

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    getting an error

Error! Your sign up can not be completed due to We're sorry :D

Happened to someone else too. Just hit back on your browser and then go sign up again. Should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

How do you sign up as an individual, without all the company name, title etc.?

Marhay70 wrote: »
    How do you sign up as an individual, without all the company name, title etc.?

You can't but just make up a random company name it won't matter. Just keep your name and email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

You can fill the fields with complete bollox, as long as the e-mail address is valid. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Is this only for windows and Mac?

• Advertisement

Is this only for windows and Mac?

Yes I believe so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

How much better is the Pro version ??

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭a_noodle_jenny

Didn't work for me on the back button. Was working off Safari on my Mac so changed to chrome and was signed in on my Google Account. I also changed my phone number to +353 format rather than 087 or 0035387 etc. Could have been any of these changes but the error message didn't com up this time.
    Licence key was sent immedaitely!
    Thanks a million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm getting a message saying it couldn't be completed because they're having technical difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ExcaliburRisen

Thanks OP.
    Was getting the same error message as some above when trying to register for a key using my hotmail address. Switched to my gmail and it worked perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

Thanks OP

Received error message on my first attempt. Changed email address and it worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Got the technical difficulties error and tried again and it went through. Don't really know if there is anything here I'll actually use but the 3d Buildings seem a little more detailed and no reason not to have it I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

No bother here got key with hotmail address and makeuppy company, thanks OP !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Thanks op works great , just make up a company and put down your a manager job done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Google Earth Pro (Discontinued in 2015)

All Pro features are available in Google Earth Free Edition as of January 2015.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Earth#Google_Earth_Pro_.28Discontinued_in_2015.29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Monkeynut wrote: »
    Google Earth Pro (Discontinued in 2015)

All Pro features are available in Google Earth Free Edition as of January 2015.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Earth#Google_Earth_Pro_.28Discontinued_in_2015.29
    Forbes posted this yesterday - Google Earth Pro Is Now Available For Free.

Google's own notice about this was posted yesterday at the link provided by the OP. Maybe there's a name change on the way, but they didn't mention that in yesterday's announcement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Johny_cash

Looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Error hit back button. Worked. Showing a car i sold over 5 years ago in my drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Worked for me ,but whats the big deal, just looks like a badly taken aerial photo of my house years ago and when i take a closer look ,yes it is from years ago , i could do this anyway on google for free ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Worked for me ,but whats the big deal, just looks like a badly taken aerial photo of my house years ago and when i take a closer look ,yes it is from years ago , i could do this anyway on google for free ?

This. Ive been wondering same since thread appeared.

What are ye downloading it for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Can I run both versions on my laptop. I have a lot of information saved on normal Google Earth and I wouldn't want this overwriting it and loosing it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

So what's better than free version??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Doesn't seem to work on Chromebooks, what a load of cack.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Shred

Worked first time for me, cheers OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to work on Chromebooks, what a load of cack.

Don't think Chromebooks would have the processing power to be fair.

TheDriver wrote: »
    So what's better than free version??

According to https://support.google.com/earth/answer/189188?hl=en
    The chart below outlines the basic differences between Google Earth and Google Earth Pro.
    Features|Google Earth|Google Earth Pro|
    Print resolution|1000 pixels|4800 pixels|
    Import GIS data||ESRI .shp, MapInfo .tab|
    Import addresses in bulk|Manually Geo-locate each address|Automatically Geo-locate up to 2500 at a time|
    Import large image files| limited to texture size|Super Image Overlays|
    Supplemental Layers|| Demographics, Parcels, Traffic Counts|
    Create premium movies for export||HD 1920x1080|
    Measurement tools|Line, Path| Line, Path, Polygon, Circle, 3D Path, 3D Polygon|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

does the program always stutter when you select a new location to find and the globe spins? Mine seems to always do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Says it's experiencing technical details right now.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Maybe you are comparing Google Earth Pro to Google Maps? They are different products with different uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

leck wrote: »
    Maybe you are comparing Google Earth Pro to Google Maps? They are different products with different uses.

I love Google maps, but Google Earth is better to measure distances, bookmark interesting spots, and layers.

And you can spin the Earth like a basketball !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tcjmcd

Worked instantly, not sure what use it will do for me but thank's OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

_Jumper_ wrote: »
    This. Ive been wondering same since thread appeared.

What are ye downloading it for?

No reason, just to see what it does as its free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

leck wrote: »

Well the street views are the same on both:).

• Advertisement

No worries guys. Glad plenty seen this and got use from it.

Circulated it in my office and its definitely useful for our GIS/Mapping team.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

thanks OP downloaded and working away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Nollog

I got the "We're Sorry" difficulty every time I said my "Company" was Personal, I got a key first time switching to Non-Profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭deadimmortal

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I got the "We're Sorry" difficulty every time I said my "Company" was Personal, I got a key first time switching to Non-Profit.

That solved it for me.

After using it today, dont see anything better than normal google earth for everyday nosing around

After using it today, dont see anything better than normal google earth for everyday nosing around

If you're thinking that you're really best off just using Google maps. Google earth works best when you're using plugins from other programmes like e.g. CAD and importing Geo-referenced lineworl into Earth from CAD. Some of the things you can do with Earth is amazing. Being able to print in higher resolution is certainly a great tool.

But its not much of a benefit for people who just spin the globe and check some imagery out of Area 51 etc. its free though so why not have it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭nomeban

Whats the difference between this and maps?

irishmover wrote: »
    If you're thinking that you're really best off just using Google maps. Google earth works best when you're using plugins from other programmes like e.g. CAD and importing Geo-referenced lineworl into Earth from CAD. Some of the things you can do with Earth is amazing. Being able to print in higher resolution is certainly a great tool.

But its not much of a benefit for people who just spin the globe and check some imagery out of Area 51 etc. its free though so why not have it.

The main use of earth for me is househunting and seeing whats around the house, garden size etc. Some fascinating information. However think most people here will have no use for the Pro version but free is free.......

The main use of earth for me is househunting and seeing whats around the house, garden size etc. Some fascinating information. However think most people here will have no use for the Pro version but free is free.......

Well. There is some additional measuring tools which should help you out when looking at houses but that'll be about it. Most of the new tools are for GIS purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭feet of flame

redmondpie.com/how-to-download-google-earth-pro-for-free-legally-399-value/

The Pro version offers some powerful features including high resolution printing, spreadsheet imports, Windows Media and QuickTime HD movie exports from tours, advanced measurements, and much more. As you can tell, these are all functions that not everyone is likely to use, except for entertainment’s sake, and well now that it’s free, why not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement