Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi & dunnes- tesco

Options
  • 29-12-2014 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi just wondering for some advice please.
    I have a 20e off a 100e spend in ALdi from Sunday INDO
    Also 20e and 5e off spend in Dunnes
    All valid until Dec 31st
    I know Tesco shall accept them
    Just wondering can they be all put into the same transaction of a 200e spend - or do tesco follow the same guidelines as printed on the vouchers- I hope to buy a few household items in Tesco - plates, candles , couple of electrical things
    also can I buy gift cards with them?
    any advice please

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Entirely dependent on the staff member (both queries).

You can split the shop - seperate trolleys/till visits - and be certain to use all vouchers; some staff members will split at each voucher amount and some will take more than one but its inconsistent. Gift cards don't appear to be allowed officially but many people have bought them with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

My friend gave me her dunnes money off voucher recipt ( I think it's 10 e off with a spend of 50 e) just wondering will I have to produce the club card the voucher was issued against originally ? Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭georgem25

I have used other peoples vouchers and my own card without any hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

anyone know when these spend €25 get a voucher for €5 offer ends? I have one until 2nd Feb just wondering how long more it will run :)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

casio4 wrote: »
    anyone know when these spend €25 get a voucher for €5 offer ends? I have one until 2nd Feb just wondering how long more it will run :)

The issuing of vouchers ends this Saturday with vouchers valid until the expiry dates printed on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

All Dunnes voucher offers are finishing 7th february the very latest.

Last week I was told that they no longer bother requiring you to split your shopping, they'll take them all in one go (it was costing the operators too much time with the split).

Tescos will accept the Dunnes money off vouchers... if you want to 'extend their life' beyond 7th Feb then just buy some gift vouchers/cards from Tescos with them (argos/next/itunes I think there's actually Tescos gift cards you can buy too).
    Some Tesco stores are picky about accepting them for vouchers but I;ve read on other threads that if you kick up a fuss and ask to speak to the manager then it should be ok. Also maybe just throw in the gift cards with some other shopping so in theory you are not exclusively trading dunnes vouchers for tesco gift cards.

Sometimes in Dunnes they might accept the vouchers even if you're out by a day or 2 (it happened to me once).

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭crayon80

Armelodie wrote: »
    Some Tesco stores are picky about accepting them for vouchers but I;ve read on other threads that if you kick up a fuss and ask to speak to the manager then it should be ok. .

I had the opposite happen to me. The cashier was all set to do it but checked with manager who said no :mad:

crayon80 wrote: »
    I had the opposite happen to me. The cashier was all set to do it but checked with manager who said no :mad:

if you get them on their own maybe they might be iffy. But if the card is thrown in between a large shop then they shouldnt bat an eyelid.

Despite the issuing of Dunnes vouchers supposedly finishing last Saturday, I just got another today with an expiry date of Saturday 14th.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Quackster wrote: »
    Despite the issuing of Dunnes vouchers supposedly finishing last Saturday, I just got another today with an expiry date of Saturday 14th.

Running ads with "our favourite ever promotion is back" for it now. Wasn't away long!

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »

ya sorry I was telling folk it was finishing 7th but just got another one today that finishes 14th!

Armelodie wrote: »
    ya sorry I was telling folk it was finishing 7th but just got another one today that finishes 14th!

Their website still seems to think it's finishing the 7th! :D

http://www.dunnesstores.com/offer5/food-wine/fcp-category/home

Advertisement