Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ditto. Give him time to adjust.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Great win that, two tough games tucked away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Clasico date confirmed as the 25th October, with Suarez available to play afaik. Although I'd leave him on the bench, personally.

This is becoming a sticky situation. Munir is playing well but I think still is too raw for the Clasico. Sandro the same. But Pedro is playing desperately this season, the worst I've seen him play ever, I feel.

Starting Luis would be a risk, but it's not as strange a prospect as once thought.

If Suarez is not up to scratch I'd go with Pedro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Munir & Neymar, with Suarez coming on at half time or 60th minute to be up against tired legs... No better game to get him up to match fitness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pedro may not be playing well, but he is a hardened Clasico verteran at this stage. He won't let the occasion get to him. I would start him tbh.

gimmick wrote: »
    Pedro may not be playing well, but he is a hardened Clasico verteran at this stage. He won't let the occasion get to him. I would start him tbh.

Well thats the thing, hes not playing with any emotion. Nothing is getting to him. Yes his pressing is never not an advantage, but I see him as a player who offeres nothing going forward... And playing as a forward thats kinda critical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Turtwig wrote: »
    If Suarez is not up to scratch I'd go with Pedro.

One thing I learned as a Liverpool supporter, this guy doesn't really have bad games. Looking forward to seen him he will tear up this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I can't link it, but go to the BBC website, as there are excerpts from a new book on Guardiola.

he says there's no such thing as tiki-taka.

lol.

SlickRic wrote: »
    I can't link it, but go to the BBC website, as there are excerpts from a new book on Guardiola.

he says there's no such thing as tiki-taka.

lol.

Yeah he had derision for the terminology. In Pep's eyes most people don't understand his philosophy. This is partly true, few if anybody really understand it at times. Haven't seen the excerpts but the way I understood Pep's sentiment back then (in a Sid Lowe interview) was that Pep didn't like the way punditry described tiki taka. In essence, what most people believe to be tiki-taka isn't what Pep's see it as and hence he no longer subscribes to that label of the concept. (The guy is ridiculously pedantic about some stuff.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Laporta: "There's a president that run away without giving explanations and the current one wasn't even voted. Two sides of the same coin."

Laporta and his board members beat the charge of corruption brought against them, now Laporta says this. Get this man back into power quick, a proper Barca man who is a devout believer in the way of Cruyff. Junta Dimisión!

That's the goal I was hoping for from Suarez, beating men himself and shooting on target, rather than intricate build up play and a throughball.

Very refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

Hi, does anyone know where the bit went on the barca website that lets you see a 'view' from a seat in the camp nou?

When you were buying tickets it had a map of the stadium where you could click on say sector 105 and see an image of the pitch? Can't find it now though. Anyone know how to get there?

Absolutely delighted for Suarez..and interesting to see Sanchez losing form at Arsenal, I still think that was a good deal to see him leave.

Mathieu and Suarez score in the Clasico, perhaps get Zubizarreta back:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What was the deal with madrid fans attacking bales car?

Apart from his embarrassing dive and face clutch, Mascherano was pure class. Really is a brilliant big game player.

Neymar had me tearing my hair out. Would have yanked him for Pedro after an hour tbh.

Special mention has to be given to Pique who had a monstrous game. Didnt put a foot wrong all night and made some great tackles. Good to see him back on course.

Kudos to Enrique as well. Made good subs at good times especially bringing on Busquets with 10 to play to shore things up.

Keep the focus now and there is no reason at all why at l;east the league and cup cannot be won. I would be a bit skeptical as to whether Barca win the CL. A tad wasteful in recent weeks in front of goal which will eventually bite them on the ass.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What was the deal with madrid fans attacking bales car?

Just scumbag idiots who took their frustrations out on the Bernabueus latest scapegoat.

Pique is finally maturing & its about time. No need for a babysitter in Puyol :) Absolutely immense this season.

6 goals so far and probably our biggest contributor in defence's only having 17 goals conceeded in La Liga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

CAxqEx0UYAAwuu3.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,233 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

SlickRic wrote: »
    CAxqEx0UYAAwuu3.jpg:large

ha ha ,the 4 boys in the middle look like pimps.

Its true what they say ,money cant buy you style.

• Advertisement

Pardon my ignorance but who are those players?

Messi, Andriano, (Pedro?), Alves, Neymar, Rafinha?

Douglas & Rafinha yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Been ages since I posted here apologies :D

Great to see the same names still repn Barca on here :) dfx, Gimmick, Miralize , Anderson etc

Had the pleasure of spending some time in Barcelona this year. First time there since I was 17. Got to see the Atletico game where the front 3 all scored and then the home 5-0 over Levante a few games later. Loved every second of it and I highly recommend to any Barca fan who has hasnt been to stop making excuses and just go! :D

On a general note, I agree with what Gimmick said, keep things steady now and there is no reason we shouldn't win the domestic double and in the UCL any thing can happen imo.

Been looking at your fixtures.

Sevilla, and Valencia mixed in with your PSG ties. Very tough fixture list!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Going to my first Barcelona game next week, midweek game against Almeria. Has been talking about it for so long but four of have managed to ditch the girlfriend for 4 days and go. Going Monday and coming back on Thursday so making a few days of it. Can't wait now. Any one got any tips on what to do while there. I was in Barcelona, and at the stadium when I was about 12 but hoping to do a bit more this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Going to my first Barcelona game next week, midweek game against Almeria. Has been talking about it for so long but four of have managed to ditch the girlfriend for 4 days and go. Going Monday and coming back on Thursday so making a few days of it. Can't wait now. Any one got any tips on what to do while there. I was in Barcelona, and at the stadium when I was about 12 but hoping to do a bit more this time around.

If was at the Almeria game last year, the 4-1 one. Tis great spot to watch a match.

Go see the Sagrada, and pay in. Get the audio guide too. Will cost alright, but worth it. Best building I've ever seen, no interest in any others now. And then you go inside it, and it's even better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Didn't see this until now! I highly recommend the city bus tour if its your first proper visit. The hop on hop off first service is very handy and a great way to get familiar with the place. Once your more comfortable the metro is very affordable but watch out for pick pockets, actually this times three for the entire city. Too many people get done out of their wallets and purses without ever realizing it :(

If you like a good bite to eat there's an Irish bar west off of La Playa Catalunya that does awesome dinners! cant remember the exact name of it now. Also, if you are partial to the occasional Amsterdam style coffee shop/lounge there are a few around now but very discreet.

If you have any other questions hit me up in private mail and enjoy your match dude!! :p:pac::D

Regarding football that win last night is as big as any of them so far this season. Celta were very well organised and fully committed. Mathieu has been great this season I just wonder why we didnt sign up 4 years ago and we could have avoided some of the harsher results in recent seasons..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Really enjoyable game, nice atmosphere, more relaxed and friendly than the few PL games I've been to. Got to see Messi and Suarez score and delighted to have seen Xavi boss a whole game. Would definitely recommend people go at some stage. I'll definitely be back in the next year or two.

KAIpLjI.jpg

Only down side is that this French ATC strike has meant that my flight home has been cancelled, can't get a flight until Saturday now and it's costing me about £150 more than it should have. Still totally worth it though.

8th CL semifinal in 10 years, 95 goals from Messi, Neymar and 20 of them from Suarez.

Iniesta getting in form, Mathieu and Pique doing well, is there anyone to fear in the draw?

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    8th CL semifinal in 10 years, 95 goals from Messi, Neymar and 20 of them from Suarez.

Iniesta getting in form, Mathieu and Pique doing well, is there anyone to fear in the draw?

Bayern. Us beating Pep is going to be so difficult to watch :P

Advertisement