Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going nuts over dlna, help please?

Options
  • 20-06-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey guys, I recently repurposed an old desktop to be a dlna media streamer for my 2 new dlna certified TV's (Samsung UE32D5000). The problem is I cant find a server program that works correctly, has any body any suggestions?

Background/Problems:
    I have a 2Tb external HDD more or less permanently attatched to the server (fresh copy of XP pro 32). Is has about 700 films sorted alphabetically into folders, ~1500 TV episodes mostly sorted into folders by series and ~32000 mp3's sorted by artist\album. Im not really too worried about the music streaming but really want the films/TV shows to work. So far I'v tried these servers and to the best of my recollection here is what happened:

Windows media player - Scans ~75% of files and then wont scan any more (left for days to scan/rescan) but only ~200 files show up added to library. These all play on TV.

TVersity - No problem scanning all files but not one of them will play on TV, Iv tried various transcoding settings incl leaving it off but nothing helps.

Nero MediaHome - started scanning files, these started showing up on TV and played no problem. Left the scan to complete but next day nothing showed up on TV. Checked and all folders seem scanned but cannot get TV to play anything at all because no files show up. Reinstalled, same problem. It can see the request from the TV for the file but then nothing.

Samsung Allshare - Got it to play a HD and SD video when sent from the server to TV but when I try to scan files to library it never stops, even if its only 1 folder with 5 files in it.

Iv tried a few others but cant remember which problem went with which program.

Any help or personal experience would be greatly appreciated, been working on this for days now.

Comments

Advertisement