Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal Learning Programmable Remote Control Thingy?!

Options
  • 26-05-2011 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

I've decided I'm sick of all the remotes clogging up the living room, and I'd like an all-in-one thing to control everything.

It'll have to control...
    SkyHD Box
    Philips 46pfl9705 TV
    Sony BDP-S350 Bluray Player
    Onkyo 605 Amp
    Dune Smart D1 Media Player

What's the cheapest for best remote on the market for such a job?
    It'd be nice if it was relitively easy to use so Mrs. Soarer won't lose the plot, but that's not essential as long as it controls all the above.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Can't go wrong with a Harmony:

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/remotes/universal-remotes

See which one you like best, you might even find the last model of some on Amazon or elsewhere for slightly cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

As Eddiem has said, I use the harmony one for the following and it works very well.

Philips PFL 9664
    Denon AVR 2311
    Denon dbp 1611
    Sky HD
    Nad CD player
    Sony DVD recorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks forbthe info guys.

Did a bit of research, and I think I'll go for the 700. Read some reviews that say the One is better (and comes with a charging dock), but from what I cab see it doesn't come with the coloured buttons for the Sky remote. That's a deal breaker for Mrs. Soarer.

Would ye believe the cheapest place I've found them is Komplett. Reluctant to order from them, so will keep looking. Any suggestions other than Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

I bought mine from Amazon at a great price. In reference to the colour buttons they are actually in the display screen when you choose what activity you want and work normally for sky.

Morning all.

Ordered the Harmony One from Komplett for €129 delivered. It was the best price I could find...Amazon are £120 + shipping.
    Gonna have a quick look around locally to see if I can do any better, but other than that, I should have it early next week!:D

Can't wait, 'cause my remotes are wrecking my head!:mad:

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Eddie.

Obviously there's a massive difference in price (around €100), but how good is the 600? Have you any experience?

The One looks the part, but I don't know if it's worth the €100 more

No experience with the 600 (mines a 895), just spotted it and said I'd share. At a glance the 600 is not rechargeable, and can only replace 5 remotes, plus is probably not as cool at the 100. :) So if you add more kit you could be stuck. The 100 supports replacing up to 15 remotes so you can go buy more stuff just to get the best out of your remote. ;)

Mrs. Soarer will be impressed regardless. One button click to turn on/off multiple devices......how can anyone not love that. :D

Soarer wrote: »
    Morning all.

Ordered the Harmony One from Komplett for €129 delivered. It was the best price I could find...

Just in case, deal here on the 100 for €109 delivered.

Advertisement