Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hedgecutter controls

Options
  • 14-10-2014 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi just wondering looking to change a mcconnell hedgecutter to proportional control either with a chest valve or joystick .anyone have any suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

elle1990 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering looking to change a mcconnell hedgecutter from hydraulic to electric controls anyone any suggestions on where I may get this done.

are you sure you don't want the electrics to work hydraulics....to go full electric would require savage motors

even to go from manual control to electronic with the modern on/off current will be very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elle1990

are you sure you don't want the electrics to work hydraulics....to go full electric would require savage motors

even to go from manual control to electronic with the modern on/off current will be very expensive
    What we have at the moment is the five levers and we are looking to go joystick

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elle1990

Changed post other one wasn't very well explained

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

elle1990 wrote: »
    What we have at the moment is the five levers and we are looking to go joystick

see the thing with mcconnel there a couple of different type joysticks.....to go right modern will require a lot if money ay be cheaper to trade it in and buy a newer type second hand one??

as with anything it is possible once your willing to throw enough money at it:)

think along the lines of the third tier at the camp nou

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ploughman

I was thinking of doing something similar, we've changed the tractor and there are six cable joysticks for our hedgecutter. I'm not that keen on putting these into the cab of the new one as there isn't really the space.

I wouldn't be thinking of going to Bomford as I'd say I'd loose less limbs if I jumped into the header while it was running than forking out to them for something they don't even make themselves...

I was looking at brevini or similar for solenoid epp bankable spools but the trouble I'm having is that there are so many options to spec out for these that I'm not 100% sure. They do seem to have good stuff and nice looking joysticks, but the thing is you need to know how to set them up.. The only thing is I don't know the cost....

The other option would be to avoid electrics and use a low pressure oil operated joystick.. This will give two operations then two buttons to operate two diverted valves which gives you the two alternate functions on the joystick. Your still short 1 and I'd be short 2...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

how about changing the hedgecutter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ploughman

Dunno about elle1990 but I just changed the tractor and loader so it's not an option...

Advertisement