Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks goes Football crazy!

Options
  • 06-06-2014 9:07am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Commanders,

We are sure that there are lot of football fans amongst the World of Tanks community. This is why a new mode is going to appear in-game to coincide with the World Cup in Brazil!

We're not kidding! Starting from June 12 everyone will be able to try out our new, Football Battles mode.
    Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

Looking forward to this....

will we have a new set of Skills and Perks to compliment :-)

wonder can we use the T-62A that we get in normal combat...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The T-62A sport has 999 armour, you wouldn't last too long in a regular T-62A.

Actually I meant the other way around... can you use the sport in normal combat..... but I guess its a silly question.

Though I just put a Karl commander last night into a new German tank as he was 100% trained so retraining just dropped him to 90%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

ha seen it on ftr. looks like it could be fun. think you shoot the ball..

wait, you got to keep your KARL crew?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am not a fan of footy, but playing footy in T-62a..... Sign my ass for it! :D

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »

wait, you got to keep your KARL crew?

Yes and the slot if I remember correctly

Edit: sorry lol, wrong thread.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

2 games played...its very frustrating. You just keep getting tracked. I lost both games 1-0. Ball barely moves when pushed....looks like shooting it is the way to go

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Tenger wrote: »
    2 games played...its very frustrating. You just keep getting tracked. I lost both games 1-0. Ball barely moves when pushed....looks like shooting it is the way to go
    Nah, hitting it works as well but a few things to keep in mind is the fact once a goal is scored the ball will instantly appear at the middle again. So if they are likely to score going for the middle and rushing it (once tracked shoot the ball to keep it rolling) is an relatively easy way to score :). I like it/hate it kind at the moment but it's a nice break from the normal routine. I'm at 3-5 so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Had a few more games this morning; in one case we had a guy trying to play goalie and never left the goal (he was patrolling it. Worked okish I guess but it made the offensive that much harder. Second game with a guy sitting inside the goal (I guess he was planning to rush against the ball or something) which failed horribly.

From what I'm seeing there are a few tips at this stage:
    1) Get a tool box on your tank; 25% repair speed is god given
    2) Don't be the third tank going into the brawl; if you already got two of your teams at the ball hang back 25m or so and track tanks, shot the ball on etc.
    3) If they are going to score rush to the middle; the instant they score you can start to push it down to the enemy goal for a quick counter
    4) Don't drive in straight lines; some minor twisting back and forth can easily ensure you don't get tracked
    5) Don't hesitate to shoot the ball in a scrimmage; you can get it to jump up and bounce over the tanks to get it free
    6) Turn on auto reload of ammo; it's free :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

had a quick game last night, lost 2-0, one of our tanks sit in our goal and didnt move, or save the ball so was kinda 3v2.

good craic though..

love the mobility, have the t54 unlocked last night, havent bought it yet, wanna play a few hundred more games in my t44 first... but i cant wait to get the t62a if it handles like that

Actually played about 10 games.. quite enjoyed it....and got some good results... yes picked up on the trick of running back to the center after a goal and scored a few quick ones that way..

But I would have made the ball a bit more bouncy... so it travelled further if hit with a tank or shot .. would be more goals... the most scored in any match I was in was 2.

Wondering how the bots handle it???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

2 draws and 1 win for me. Played offense for two games and a sweeper for one. You can shoot the ball/opponents, clear the ball back upfield and protect the goal if needed.

I'm seriously contemplating going for the 50 win goal; from a cash and exp perspective it's a waste of time but I love the break from the normal grind (and the window licking morons in them; at least in this mode they can't **** up to badly).

Oh and if you can get a platoon; so much easier (I ended up in one game with two bots vs. 3 active players; oh joy...)

OK finished this up last night...played my last game of footie.. got my commander to 100% sixth sense which will be handy... Off now on 10 days holidays so will be taking a break from wot

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

VikingG wrote: »
    OK finished this up last night...played my last game of footie.. got my commander to 100% sixth sense which will be handy... Off now on 10 days holidays so will be taking a break from wot

Jesus....that's a lot of TankBall played!

Am I the only one who is completely ignorant to this football thing. I watched a few matches online, tried once and never bothered with it again.

April fools 8bit Tanks looked a lot more fun.

Advertisement