Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 4.2 Photo Sphere camera app on the S3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Bandwidth limit on the flashable zip :(

Have you still got a copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Bandwidth limit on the flashable zip :(

Have you still got a copy?

It's on XDA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Have the app and could pop it up on dropbox Chet though think you will have no problem sourcing it

Search google for 4.2Camera_t04.zip

Found it and got it installed, i'll give it a proper test in the daylight. Looks interesting though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I tried installing this camera app on my one x and it keeps failing when taking the photosphere. Seems to be a common problem on the One X. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

awesome. thanks for the heads up. sticking this straight on the phone when i get home.
    i assume its similar to the youtube clip where you can take pictures in a vertical manner aswell as horizontal?
    cant check vid atm in work

Think it only works with the Nexus and the S3 "at the moment", had a few moments to play with the camera this afternoon in my sisters park

304469_4214879204954_336293211_n.jpg

Effort at a full hemisphere is a bit flaky to say the least
    403375_4214883685066_330437620_n.jpg

Stupid question, are you supposed to keep the phone in the same position in space and move it or hold it at arms length and rotate in an arc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

bogman wrote: »
    Think it only works with the Nexus and the S3 "at the moment"
    Flashed on SGS2 and works for me!
    I also flashed the 4.2 keyboard (with swipe feature) but that didn't work, keeps FC'ing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

[Galaxy S2, CM 10 nightly] 360 pano shot works, but it doesn't want to stitch all photos together :-( The phone waits for more photos, but there are no blue dots left. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Did you press back/stop button? Thats all i do on the S3 and it will stitch together whatever it has

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Did you press back/stop button? Thats all i do on the S3 and it will stitch together whatever it has
    "Back" leaves the app, "menu" does nothing, "home" goes to home screen. All I can do is press "480p" on screen - that one removes last photo taken.

I also noticed that there is no option to switch off flash in normal camera mode. Maybe it's a problem with CM10.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Flashed on SGS2 and works for me!
    I also flashed the 4.2 keyboard (with swipe feature) but that didn't work, keeps FC'ing.

Keyboard works fine on my gs2 .Using the latest CM nightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

beast, rooted the s3 last night using the toolkit and installed that app just now, works like a charm. now to get some mad looking photos

:D

Just found the tiny planet thing in the gallery, that's pretty good!

Glad its working out, getting there but more to learn

The Lough, Cork on the way home from work this evening
    602310_4219375597361_1183457705_n.jpg

483059_4219377717414_1185889101_n.jpg

St Finbarr's Cathedral, Cork
    314264_4219379397456_961980258_n.jpg

318919_4219380077473_241648624_n.jpg

And another helpful video

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

nedd wrote: »
    I tried installing this camera app on my one x and it keeps failing when taking the photosphere. Seems to be a common problem on the One X. :-(

Have had this for a while on Photaf app for the one x, works a treat and you can upload to facebook or their page for online sharing....

Here is one taken from the roof of my apartment in Limerick

http://www.photaf.com/index.php?PanoramaId=94557

Glad its working out, getting there but more to learn

Can you upload the originals somewhere so my phone can open them properly?

hightower1 wrote: »
    Have had this for a while on Photaf app for the one x, works a treat

Different program altogether, photoaff does a full panorama as do a few other apps and quite well too, Photo Sphere is a different ball game as you will see if you check the 2 videos

Does this link help Chet, not my photo but its a great demonstration
    http://kennydude.github.com/photosphere/test.html

Hope it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Can I et this on my S3, Im running Android Revolution HD 13

• Advertisement

Not sure, download the apk and flash it with rom manager as I did, you might want to backup ur existing rom first

Some useful reviews/information in these two links, its all very new yet

http://techsplurge.com/13073/android-4-2-camera-photo-sphere-feature-panorama-guide/

http://cre-apps.com/2012/11/photo-sphere-android/

Not sure, download the apk and flash it with rom manager as I did, you might want to backup ur existing rom first

Some useful reviews/information in these two links, its all very new yet

http://techsplurge.com/13073/android-4-2-camera-photo-sphere-feature-panorama-guide/

http://cre-apps.com/2012/11/photo-sphere-android/

Where did you get the apk?

its not an app. when i got it it came as a zip, had to be flashed in recovery.
    fairly straightforward.
    iv taken a few shots there earlier messing with it. it looks really cool when reviewing it on the phone after. its like google street view the way you can circle around in it (the gallery app is altered also to allow you do it, or else it was an apk i installed im not sure, i just got an apk and the zip off xda forum)

trust me when i sayt the pics being posted there arent even an indication as to what it does. I thought it was crap at first because when you are taking the photos, where they overlap looks pure crappy, but when you stop it sticks them together perfectly.
    it works it out like google street view then, up to wherever you take the photos. I was pure amazed when i reviewed a saved one and it came out like it did

Yeah I got it flashed, its quality

Just installed Omega 4.1.2 on the S3, flashed photo sphere to it

kenyard wrote: »
    its not an app. when i got it it came as a zip, had to be flashed in recovery.
    fairly straightforward.
    iv taken a few shots there earlier messing with it. it looks really cool when reviewing it on the phone after. its like google street view the way you can circle around in it (the gallery app is altered also to allow you do it, or else it was an apk i installed im not sure, i just got an apk and the zip off xda forum)

trust me when i sayt the pics being posted there arent even an indication as to what it does. I thought it was crap at first because when you are taking the photos, where they overlap looks pure crappy, but when you stop it sticks them together perfectly.
    it works it out like google street view then, up to wherever you take the photos. I was pure amazed when i reviewed a saved one and it came out like it did
    Did you do the tiny planet thing on one of them?

tiny planet?

kenyard wrote: »
    tiny planet?
    If you do a full panorama getting all the points then go into view it in the gallery there'll be a new icon in the bottom right to open tiny planet mode

• Advertisement

really? cool. am in work at the minute so cant.. or well i shouldnt :P
    it takes quite a while to go through a lot of points. i have done a 180. it gets to a stage where the last few points are your feet and the ground or just clouds, so i hafnt put a focus on them i generally do like a 90-120degree forward angle too, so you could argue i dont need more than panaroma but its nice :)

p.s that tiny planet thing you are on about is only in the new gallery also, so you do need the new google apps zip for this to work properly, as it allows you do the circular rotationey thing after, like a google maps thing,but its all instantly loaded as its on your phone so theres no lag or stutter doing it.

Advertisement