Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Quality issues with Orange San Francisco

Options
  • 20-12-2011 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

My wife got one of these phones a month ago but the call quality is very poor if you don;t use the headphones.

If u don't use the headphones, it impossible to hear her on the phone - u just get a loud high pitched noise instead.

Anybody have similar issue with this phone? Is there a fix? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I had that problem as well. Got the phone in May from UK. Did'nt use it till August. Had that problem of very low ear speaker. Got so mad with it that I hit a rap with it against a timber frame I had. Rang a family member then & could'nt believe my ears when I could hear it ringing clearly:). Checked wit family member if they could hear me . They confirmed they could. Haven't had a problem since.

Now this method of fixing it is NOT recommended. However, there is a co-relation between the ear speaker and the earphone socket. If you twiggle the reaphong from side to side in the socket it may help. These phones are solid state with very,very few moving parts. So it may be just a case of tweeking. There is also a couple of very good videos on Youtube that describe the various tweeks you can do to this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭questionquick

Ive had issues with the call quality on this phone too..

OP..did you manage to sort out the quality?

Advertisement