Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions for chemistry?

Options
  • 13-04-2006 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Also, apart from organic and le chatelier is there any topic that always comes up?? I only started chem is sept so I need all the help I can get!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

atomic theory

huge chunk of the course

always one question afaik and a fair bit of it turns up in the short questions

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Ethanoic acid prep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

ye atomic theory is 1.5
    chemistry 1.5
    and all the likl bits are 0.5 (see the edco LC papers for a full layout!)
    I think we will get the bleach preparation cuz last few years they got water! ugh so much to learn so likl time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

Id say a water of crystallization titration will come up and maybe ethanoic acid prep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

atomic theory is the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    acids and bases and heats of reactions usually come up aswell..PH and acid and bases are usually in the same question.
    O and you cant leave out oxidation and reduction either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

yeh I hate atomic theort especialy all about bondin - van der waals and all that malarky yuk!! everything else is prety managable in comparison to atomic theory! oxidation and reduction -easy anway! remember OIL RIG! hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

d4gurl wrote:
    yeh I hate atomic theort especialy all about bondin - van der waals and all that malarky yuk!! everything else is prety managable in comparison to atomic theory! oxidation and reduction -easy anway! remember OIL RIG! hahaha

OIL RIG...wtf??
    lol its the first time ive ever heard of it...what does it stand for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Oxidation Is Loss Reduction Is Gain...

If i remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Oxidation Is Loss Reduction Is Gain...

If i remember correctly
    Yup, thats it!

Advertisement